PDA

View Full Version : Grey Seal moving

Andreas Liedmann
08-16-2015, 09:10 AM
Hi all , no big story behind this image , just me lying on my belly on a wet day on Helgoland Island , trying to produce something decent for my Seal collection . Weather conditions ...... you see in the image and the exif data :Whoa!: , not ideal for a pleasing frame.

Canon EOS 1Dx
Ef 200-400 IS L with TC engaged so 560 mm
HH

F 5,6 ; Iso 10.000 ; 1/1600 sec ; man exp +0,3 EV

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC , cropped for comp

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
08-16-2015, 11:21 AM
Hi Andreas - Another nice seal image with a low pov. You handled the conditions well. I might apply a little more sharpening to the face area.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-16-2015, 12:22 PM
Love the low angle here and the seal raised on its fore limbs. Nice DOF and colors.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-16-2015, 09:57 PM
Very nice image considering the conditions Andreas.
Love the slightly grainy look of this frame.
Well composed with nice eye contact.

Steve Kaluski
08-17-2015, 03:16 AM
Hi Andreas, another nice Seal image with a good POV. Funny enough, just been working with a Dutchman who knows the location well.

TFS
Steve

haseeb badar
08-17-2015, 03:24 AM
Hi Andreas -- always a pleasure to see your Seal images and this one is no exception. lovely POV and soft muted colors . Agree with sharpening aspect .
that iso mathematically under such conditions gave u an amazing SS. How important a role those " . " and " , " play :t3

Morkel Erasmus
08-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Very nice yet again, Andreas.
I thought it was a monochrome from the thumbnail, only to be surprised by the hint of colour upon opening the thread.

Andre Pretorius
08-17-2015, 11:03 AM
Hi Andreas

Love the angle, it was worth the wet belly!
Good detail in blacks.
Comp works, giving the eyes space to look into.
Did you do any NR on BG? 1DX handles the ISO well....

Will send pic of the new monstrosity when all the add-on's are there. Our small village in Africa we have to wait long for anything ordered?!
Cheers from your African Boetie!

Andreas Liedmann
08-17-2015, 12:47 PM
Thanks folks for your kind comments , as always much appreciated .

Rachel - from my POV no more sharpening needed , as this is a very Hi Iso shot , i tried to be more conservative with the sharpening , as i did not use NR to the subject .
Akos - for sure it does look a bit grainy at 10.000 ISO :tinysmile_shy_t: as i did not use NR on the subject .

Andre - Nr was used on the low res file . just the BG !! hope this helps
Will wait for the monstrosity images with patience :wave: and become excited what you have got !

Cheers and thanks Andreas