PDA

View Full Version : Ringed Plover (No 2)

adrian dancy
08-16-2015, 02:47 AM
Another image of Ringed Plover taken on a stormy winters day on the Welsh coast. Although this is a head on shot, the wind from behind was making the bird rotate on its leg reminiscent of a clockwork toy. I was only able to make two sharp shots of the bird 'head on'. The background is a breaking wave.

Canon 7D, Sigma 300f2.8, non reporting Kenko 2X tele-converter, tripod with additional weight added for extra stability

ISO1000, f stop unknown, 1/250 sec

Crop about 20%. levels adjustments and sharpening.

Thank you for your time.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-16-2015, 05:13 AM
This is super mate.
Love the head on pose and the surrounds.
Well done and thanks for sharing.

keith mitchell
08-16-2015, 06:21 AM
Top quality Adrian ,simple and artistic its a classic.

Keith.

John Robinson
08-16-2015, 07:22 AM
Unusual approach on a RP shot Adrian.
Like it.
John

Bill Dix
08-16-2015, 08:25 AM
Love the watercolor look to the rocks, and the plover is nice too. I only wish there were some light in the eyes, but tough to do head-on and under this lighting. I wondered about an alternative to the center placement, but can't think of a way to make it better.

Randy Stout
08-16-2015, 09:43 AM
Adrian"

Very well exposed, one legged pose works well. I was struck the same as Bill, that perhaps he is too centered. Because of the rocks on the left, I think it would balance well with a small crop from the right. It works well as presented, but might be a viable option

Cheers

Randy

Geoff Newhouse
08-16-2015, 10:04 AM
I like this one. Very nice soft feel to the image. The OOF foreground in the lower right bothers me a bit but because it is a muted colour it isn't too bad.

TFS
Geoff

Stu Bowie
08-16-2015, 11:18 AM
Hi Adrian, as perfect head on as you can get. Great one legged pose too. I do like the soft light, and wondered if maybe a touch more contrast will work. :w3

William Dickson
08-16-2015, 12:01 PM
Yes, love this one aswell Great capture Adrian. Thought the first one had more atmosphere about it. But, this one tells its own story aswell. (at least the bird is keeping one foot warm) :w3

Thanks for sharing

Will

Daniel Cadieux
08-16-2015, 07:08 PM
Love it! I like it better than the previous, and even the oof rocks at left that I was not fond of in the other image work better here (now they are balancing the comp and complimenting the subject's shape rather than competing for attention). The darker spot in lower right corner tends to draw my eye there though. You could probably remove that if so inclined.

David Salem
08-17-2015, 06:35 PM
Nice and unique. Love the pose and the head on stare. Well done