PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Floral zoom blur

Kerry Perkins
08-15-2015, 11:16 PM
Reaching into the archives while I recover from my heart surgery. I was playing with zoom blurs and captured this in my front yard. Topaz Simplify added for more interest (I hope). :c3:

Hazel Grant
08-16-2015, 12:11 AM
Like the off center. sometimes with zoom blurs we want the "clear" part in the middle.
Heart surgery? Oh, my...trust all is going well. Recover!!!!!!!!

Kerry Perkins
08-16-2015, 12:19 AM
Thanks Hazel! I actually don't want the center of the zoom to be in the center of the picture, I think that looks unimaginative and pedestrian, but that's just me! That works for some "editorial" elements, like a person riding a bike or driving a car, but I feel it is out place in a creative composition.

Jackie Schuknecht
08-16-2015, 04:41 AM
Great colours and movement and I like the magenta/green combo. Good isolation of the daisies in the zoom. I might clone out the green piece along the bottom, it seems to cut off the flow of the image for me. Posting already, wow! You must be doing really well!

Kerry Perkins
08-16-2015, 10:18 AM
Thanks Jackie, the last thing I want to do is "nothing", as I need motivation to accomplish something every day now. I won't be able to drive for two to three months (!) so I need to get back in the computer chair and at least work on some images I already have in my archives. We take so much for granted in life...

Anita Bower
08-16-2015, 03:40 PM
A nice blur! Appropriate for the theme. The off-center center, the colors, the two different types of flowers, the amount of blur and the dark-turning-to-light work well to create an interesting image. Very nice!

I look forward to seeing lots of images from you as you recover from heart surgery.

Wendy Kates
08-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Kerry, I really like the varying degrees of blur, as well as the vibrant colors. I am still trying to master the art of blurs...your image inspires me! I am glad to know that you are on the road to recovery!

Kerry Perkins
08-16-2015, 05:22 PM
Thanks everyone, I have a long road of recovery ahead of me, longer than any of my other surgeries, but you can expect to see more participation from me now. I would love to see OOTB get more traffic and postings, as I think we are unique in the whole cyber world!

Diane Miller
08-16-2015, 10:28 PM
Kerry, a wonderful zoom blur! I concur on the off-center crop. If your archives are anything like mine, with a lot of stuff barely looked at, you can stay very busy while you recover! Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery!! And good to have you back here so soon!

Hazel Grant
08-17-2015, 01:58 AM
Agree that the more OOTB participation, the better....but also, looking at some of the other forums, we are really pretty active.

Cheryl Slechta
08-18-2015, 08:26 PM
Hey, Kerry, sorry I'm late. Love it! The color combination works well and I like the shadows that make the portions radiating from the white flowers look almost like camouflage material. I'm so happy to see you posting again and sharing your creativity:S3: (One of my first images at BPN was a flower zoom blur!)

Judy Howle
08-18-2015, 10:14 PM
I love the colors, the off-center focus and I think the Simplify effect gave it a very unique look that I really like. Your blurs may win me over to liking blurs!

gary ellwein
08-19-2015, 10:05 PM
I'm very late to the game. Kerry it is great to hear you are on the mend. Applying Simplify was a good idea.