PDA

View Full Version : Two Is Better Than One -Little Boys of The Kalahari

Gabriela Plesea
08-15-2015, 02:23 PM
Dear Friends,

I sincerely hope you will enjoy this sequence, perhaps it will motivate you to pop in more often, as well as contribute to this Forum from time to time.

Here is one awesome and very cute pair of lion cubs making their way to the waterhole at Kij Kij in the Kalahari. Not to worry, Mom is leading the way and from time to time looks back to check on them, they are rather mischievous and run around too much - they like to investigate.

I still remember how excited I was when I saw them approach, despite the harsh light I managed a few frames as soon as they got closer and started to run around. This is one species I find so gratifying to know and photograph.

Hope you have a great week-end,

Andreas Liedmann
08-16-2015, 12:01 PM
Hey Gab what a stunning sequence ............ Lion Ballet or Lion synchro dancing , LOL!!
Very well seen and captured !!!

Thanks for sharing this , it is me ...

Gabriela Plesea
08-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Thank you Boetie,

Remember Kij Kik? We spent so many hours there together in the vehicles, shifting on our car seats, watching and waiting, sweating, drinking tons of water, coffee, then more water, and talking silly things on our two way radios. I will never forget the arrival of big Charlie and you rushing to the scene, LOL. What wonderful memories!

Do you remember that dried Eland carcass... still there, since 2012...so dry is the Kalahari...The light was not my friend here, but I shot anyway. Too special to miss:)

Really appreciate you taking the time to look and comment:)

Andreas Liedmann
08-16-2015, 12:42 PM
Gabriela will not forget a single moment of our great time , well at least i will try to ...... i very much enjoyed everything there apart from some crowded sightings and Andre´s brownie job..... with your hooter ...LOL !

Gabriela Plesea
08-16-2015, 01:07 PM
Will remind you from time to time, I still have some surprise images of you:)

And it was the car hooter...just for the record, LOL

Andreas Liedmann
08-16-2015, 01:26 PM
Hopefully in best light .........

Gabriela Plesea
08-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Yep...but first...I shall find the grey point, even if that means pointing the arrow at your grey socks, LOL:bg3:

Marc Mol
08-21-2015, 05:03 AM
I love the symmetry depicted with this pair in the 2nd image Gabriela, I don't feel the lighting is too harsh, evidenced by long shadows here, what was the time of day?

What's the dried carcass? in FG?

Gabriela Plesea
08-21-2015, 04:46 PM
Thank you so much Marc,

I am away right now, as soon as I get home I will look at the exif and let you know the time of the day this was shot, the dried carcass belongs to a poor eland which the lions killed around 2012.

Kind regards,

Rachel Hollander
08-22-2015, 08:36 AM
Hi Gabriela - A fun sequence and like Marc, the symmetry and lock-step of the first 2 images caught my eye. Well done.

TFS,
Rachel

Gabriela Plesea
08-22-2015, 03:15 PM
Thank you dearest Rachel:)

I need to revisit those images...No, best to go back to the KTP and take fresh ones...unfortunately it won't happen this year.

But the good news is, I am flying home tomorrow, yippee!

Hope you have a super week-end,

Gabriela Plesea
08-23-2015, 02:50 PM
Dear Marc,

This was taken at h17:30 on the 9th February 2015, F6.3, ISO 400, 1/2500s, D4, 500mm.

And just for interest' sake, this was the first time we recorded temperatures of 48"C in the KTP...A bit too hot even for my taste, LOL.

Once again thank you for taking the time to view and comment, Marc - I so appreciate it. Off to the Kruger on the 4th of September and hopefully some interesting sightings, not getting my hopes up and keeping cool:)

Have a great week ahead,

Marina Scarr
10-14-2015, 07:54 AM
That middle image with them walking in unison is really powerful!

Gabriela Plesea
11-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Thank you so much Marina:)

Warmest regards,