PDA

View Full Version : Theme Dirt bird portrait

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-15-2015, 07:01 AM
I am sure I read Artie talk about common birds as dirt birds before.
This is an Australian White Ibis (Threskiornis moluccus), which are common around cities and have a poor reputation, as they make quick work of human rubbish or food leftovers.
At this park they can be somewhat easier to approach, as they are more used to human traffic, though not like in Hyde Park in the CBD. When you stop and point a lens, their survival instinct does tend to make them want to move farther.

A late afternoon session presented this opportunity, and in typical fashion, once I took the full body shots, I stacked TCs to get this.

1DMkIII, 500/4L IS with stacked 2x and 1.4x
ISO 1600, f/16, 1/500th
Tripod and full Wimberley
Manual mode and minimal crop in PP
Basic adjustments only.

Satish Ranadive
08-15-2015, 08:22 AM
Excellent portrait , Akos.
Beautiful colour pallet. Very nice HA, superb details in plumage. Beautiful multi-coloured BG. Love the reflection of setting sun in his eye.
Excellent composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Randy Stout
08-15-2015, 08:57 AM
Akos:

Well composed with soft evening light, great catchlight, background works very well with birds colors.

Fine capture.

Cheers

Randy

Alan Murphy
08-15-2015, 10:14 AM
Sweet light, comp and detail.

Daniel Cadieux
08-15-2015, 01:15 PM
Works for me. There is only a harder edged "streak" between the head and frame that I would blend in. All else looks good.

William Dickson
08-15-2015, 01:56 PM
Lookin real good Amos. Love it all. Gives me inspiration :S3: Great work and thanks for sharing

Will

keith mitchell
08-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Beautiful bit of artistic work Akos,colours look great ,that eye is something else!

John Robinson
08-15-2015, 03:08 PM
All been said Akos.
Good stuff
John

adrian dancy
08-16-2015, 01:51 AM
Nice work Amos. The lighting and colours are superb as is the bird. The stacked converter set up has produced a wonderful image:) Well done!

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-16-2015, 05:14 AM
THank you for looking and for commenting. Appreciated.

I love stacked TCs, as they can work a treat when used up close especially.

Stu Bowie
08-16-2015, 11:31 AM
Hi Akos, good IQ with the stacked TC's, and what a great HA, and how the bill follows the outline of the body. Love the light in this.

This fellow is similar to our African Sacred Ibis, and the lighter plumage suggests this is a Juvie, as our adults have a black neck and bill.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-16-2015, 09:52 PM
This fellow is similar to our African Sacred Ibis, and the lighter plumage suggests this is a Juvie, as our adults have a black neck and bill.

I think we have the same species? Perhaps. I vaguely remember us talking about it ages ago.
Agreed, I am certain this is still a grommet. :bg3: