PDA

View Full Version : Theme Sitting pretty!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-14-2015, 09:52 PM
A portrait of my fave leopard from Okavango as he sits on a small mound under a bush. We were at eye level with him as he gazed at us intently. As we could off-road, we got real close to him on many occasions and he didn't mind as was far too obliging giving us some terrific photo ops. I have a similar image which was shot wider with the 100-400 II giving more room around. But I loved this tight portrait as the eyes are so engaging. Could have cloned that lil branch at the back but left it as is. Nothing cloned here. It's India's Independence Day today. Happy Independence Day to all.
7D II
500 II
1/800
f/6.3
ISO 800
Hand held

Morkel Erasmus
08-15-2015, 05:53 AM
Really love the eye level POV and dappled sidelight here Sanjeev.
Framing is as good as can get (though a sliver more at the bottom wouldn't have hurt either).
For me, the best leopard shot you've posted from your Bots trip to date :5

Gabriela Plesea
08-15-2015, 06:59 AM
Happy Independence Day, Sanjeev!

And Happy Leopard Day too... whew, another lovely surprise and you have raised the bar now big time, I expect all your future images to look like this:bg3:

This is lovely, subject nested cosily among grasses in the shade of a tree, that gentle light barely touching its face... I like this very, very much, composition works for me, colours too, nice detail, sharpness is there, Morkel is right and you have nailed this one, I am so happy for you:cheers:

Kind regards,

Rachel Hollander
08-15-2015, 08:52 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Happy Independence Day! I agree with Morkel and Gabriela, one of your best. The past couple of leopard images you've posted have really been outstanding in terms of IQ and pp. Nice handling of the dappled light and great eye level pov. Congrats on this one!

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-15-2015, 10:47 AM
Thanks a lot Morkel, Gabriela and Rachel. Thanks for the I Day & Leopard day wishes:bg3: Am glad that you all loved it.:cheers:

Marc Mol
08-16-2015, 09:01 AM
I like this one more than you recent side profile Sanjeev, the dappled lighting, good techs, detail & BG all come together nicely, well done on NOT cloning out the rear stick........this IS there habitat and we all know with leopards just how rare
we can capture completely uncluttered habitats.

TFS

Geoffrey Montagu
08-16-2015, 11:33 PM
Remarkably beautiful leopard, and the moment captured so well, Sanjeev. The quality of light is so soothing. A masterpiece.

Geoffrey

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-17-2015, 01:39 AM
Wonderful image mate! I love it!
Was there an opportunity to move a bit to the right to try and get the green BG right behind the cat rather than the green and sky mix?
Just a thought.
Thanks for sharing.

Steve Kaluski
08-17-2015, 03:48 AM
Hi Sanjeev, a gorgeous portrait and agree, perhaps one of your best.

Lovely light, nice soft/muted colours, great detail. Framing wise I would have preferred more to the left and less to the right. If this is FF then cropping tighter on the RHS, remove the overhanging branch & twig, plus the one on the back would I feel strengthen the whole image, but your call on the ethics.

TFS
Steve

haseeb badar
08-17-2015, 03:53 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- Happy Independence Day ! And out of all your recent Leopard images , this one absolutely stands out. Lovely light , POV and colors . Excellent image . TFS !

Thinus Schoeman
08-21-2015, 01:29 PM
Hi Sanjeev, love the image, excellent detail, it is sharp in the areas that matter, the eyes are beautifully clear, and enough space around the animal. The colours look very natural as well. Congratulations!