PDA

View Full Version : Katydid

Steve Maxson
08-14-2015, 11:50 AM
From the archives - I photographed this dew-covered Katydid nymph on a Black-eyed Susan early on a cool morning before the sun had reached this shaded spot. 40D, 180 mm f/3.5 macro, 1/30, f/11, ISO 400, tripod, mirror lock, cable release. I did some NR on the background. The whitish areas on some of the petals are reflections of the light sky in large water drops. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

David Cowling
08-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Interesting one Steve. We have a similar insect here but I always thought it was some type of Grass Hopper. I like the complimentary colours and the smooth background. The insect is lovely and sharp. For me its just a pity that the insect almost merges into the background. Well done for getting the whole of the antennas in. Just looked it up on google an I see it is a type of cricket.

Randy Stout
08-16-2015, 02:09 PM
Steve:

The heavy dew looks very good. Nicely exposed and effective dof.

Do wish the katydid was in front of the dark portion of the flower, it would show him better and also help with his separation form the bg.

Randy

Jonathan Ashton
08-19-2015, 06:09 AM
A good shot I like the pose he really looks as though he had a good soaking! Excellent details and DOF.