PDA

View Full Version : Blue Sage Visitor

Norm Dulak
08-12-2015, 04:14 PM
D7200 w/28-300mm @ 300mm, HH
ISO 800; f/5.6, 1/800 sec

The nectar must have been sweet in the flower of this Blue Sage plant at Longwood Gardens today. This Ruby-throated hummingbird penetrated the flower so deeply, that the flower seemed to make a cap for the bird.

All C&C are as always welcome.

Nancy Bell
08-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Love this! Timing is everything! Composition is great with my eye immediately drawn to the brilliant blue flowers and the sharp hummingbird. In addition, the main flower stalk is in good detail with the other one softer and arching into the frame, further keeping your eye on the prize! Lovely mottled bkgd with just a hint of interesting lines and shapes with nice outside colors.

Andrew McLachlan
08-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Very nice Norm and good timing too...I am glad the wing beats did not merge with the lower blossom as it gives good separation from the surrounding elements. Nice soft background too.

Steve Maxson
08-15-2015, 10:31 AM
What a cool capture, Norm! Excellent sharpness and the wings are in a perfect position. My only suggestion would be to apply some NR to the background to smooth it out a bit. Very nicely done!

Norm Dulak
08-15-2015, 03:30 PM
Thanks everyone. I always find your comments interesting, helpful and refreshing!