PDA

View Full Version : Displaying Prints at an Outdoor Exhibit...sources?

Doug West
06-03-2008, 01:00 AM
I have a chance to display my work outside at our annual Wood Duck Festival in October
of 2008.

Does anyone have any online sources for ideas on how to display matted (or
framed) prints outdoors?

Thanks
Doug

Jim Poor
06-03-2008, 08:13 AM
I believe that clearbags.com has some sleeves that you can put the images in and seal them against dust, moisture and touching. The bags I'm thinking of are crystal clear and made specifically for display. The website is down at the moment apparently or I'd give you link.

Jim Poor
06-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Same bags, different place (no idea how they are to deal with).

http://www.framedestination.com/showitem.aspx?productid=BGPRBA

Doug West
06-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Sorry Jim, my fault. I wasn't very clear on what I was looking for (you
can tell I'm new at this).

Here's an example...when you go to a booth, artists will have their images
hanging on some type of panel.

Thats the type of display options I'm looking for.

Doug

LouBuonomo
06-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Doug

We get Grids from a place called Robert Hamm, they are retail store displays. Very sturdy. I have also seen people using velcro walls. There was a post on this at either NSN or Photomigrations some time ago where some of the guys showed their setup.

Jim Poor
06-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Ah, got it. Though the protection factor might still apply.

A lot will depend on how many, how big (heavy) etc.

I'm also interested as I will be displaying some samples around my photo booth at several upcoming events. So far, I have considered easels, tables and wires to suspend images from the "skeleton" of an EZ-Up type tent.

I think a lot will depend on the location too. Can you use a wall that is there or do you have to erect everything from scratch?

Doug West
06-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Lou...thanks for the leads, I'll check them out.

Jim...no walls. All I would get is an 8 foot table.

Doug

Jim Poor
06-03-2008, 06:33 PM
OK, sounds like you have the choice of laying them flat, or propping them up. Maybe some mini table easels? or 2-3 rows of "shelves" that are slanted about 45 degrees?

david cramer
06-03-2008, 06:38 PM
ProPanels is popular if you'll be under cover. www.propanels.com

Robert Amoruso
06-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Propanels are popular (www.propanels.com) but pricey and big, heavy and hard to transport and store IMO.

I use Flourish Mesh Panel Display Walls (http://www.flourish.com/). The ones I have need a 10x10 tent to support them with - they used the tent's frame. Since that is how I do indoors and outdoors, with the tent it works well for me.

They also have self-standing units that support the mesh panels. With the mesh panels, you use s-hooks to hang the frames from. Still not cheap but the best option I found that are easy transport and store and very easy to set up.