PDA

View Full Version : Theme Elephant Salute!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-10-2015, 11:33 AM
This was at Chobe NP. We saw so many elephants at Chobe, so came pretty close and gave some nice poses and shots. The green colour on the trunk is prob from uprooting the shrubs and branches. I hope the two eles in the back don't distract much as the subject is in-your-face and the trunk adds so much here.
1/1600
f/8
ISO 800
5D III
100-400 II at 158mm

haseeb badar
08-11-2015, 05:57 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- always a treat to see elephant images !! this individual looks beautiful and huge . I guess u have clipped the ear on the RHS of the frame while shooting on the field other wise i dont see too many glitches with this one. Also adding to this image are those two twigs i guess it is chewing . TFS !

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-11-2015, 06:13 AM
Hi Haseeb. Thanks for your kind comments. I don't think I clipped the ear. It's quiet in the frame. Yes it was chewing on the twigs.
regards,
sanjeev

haseeb badar
08-11-2015, 06:25 AM
Sorry Sanjeev , I overlooked that part thanks for bringing it to my notice , need to be more careful with the display settings of my computer :)

Gabriela Plesea
08-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Hello Sanjeev,

Lovely ellie with long eyelashes, the pose with the raised trunk is superb!

I like the way the subject fills the frame, the colours are spot on and some lovely textures, lots of detail, even in the shadow areas - very nice work Sanjeev:)

IMO the other ellies are not too bothersome, some nice DOF and there's separation between the subject and other characters in the frame. I notice a cute giraffe in the BG too:)

A very pleasing image I enjoyed viewing, thank you for sharing:5

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
08-11-2015, 02:41 PM
Hi Sanjeev a very pleasing salute for us viewers by "your " elephant .
Well executed frame , nicely processed and the comp works well , the BG ellies are not a big distraction , a bit unfortunate but no big deal for me .
Lovely colors and nice tonal range .

TFS Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
08-13-2015, 02:39 PM
Nice pose here Sanjeev - with pleasing exposure and contrast given the light conditions.
Nice choice of DOF - wish for a cleaner BG but we take what we're given :)