PDA

View Full Version : Nature still surviving

Hazel Grant
08-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Traveling in northern California. Driving around through smokey skies. Found this shot which shows the grey smokey sky, burned trees and yet flowers surviving the fires and drought.

Diane Miller
08-10-2015, 08:13 PM
Scary, what is happening out here. There is regrowth, but how many centuries to equal what was burned in a flash. The news pictures of the huge walls of flame and billowing smoke plumes literally creating their own weather are hard to believe.

Rachel Hollander
08-13-2015, 07:28 AM
Hi Hazel - Wildfires are always scary and so is the drought. I just drove by the Hoover Dam and it was quite jarring to see how low the water level is. You didn't share equipment info or exif data but since you posted in Landscapes, I am assuming you want critique. I think you can augment the smoke here by applying a neutral density filter to darken the sky. Also where was your FP? My guess is that it was in the sky or on the far hill because nothing in the fg is sharp. It might have been equally or more effective to focus on the fg and have the wildflowers sharp. Perhaps you shot multiple versions with different settings?

TFS,
Rachel