PDA

View Full Version : Theme Snow Cap

Andreas Liedmann
08-05-2015, 10:19 AM
Hi all ,
i jump into this month theme with an image of a Antarctic Fur Seal, taken on South Georgia Island some time ago.
This "little" guys (compared to the Elephant Seals ) caused more problems for us to move along the beaches as the their bigger brothers , they have been quite annoying and more aggressive than them .
So always good to watch the big males when they have been around us .

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 500 IS L
Tripod

F 4 ; Iso 320 ; 1/1600sec , with hindsight i would have preferred a bit DOF :Whoa!:, there was really a lot more room for Higher Iso :w3.

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; full frame

Thanks for watching and leaving a comment to my previous posting .

Cheers Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Hi Andreas. The detail you have captured is excellent, the snow adds interest and the tight framing works well with the nicely seen eye. Just wish the HA was a bit more towards us. Cheers.

haseeb badar
08-06-2015, 03:36 AM
Hi Andreas -- The composition works well here , more DOF would have been a real plus in this image. Those eyes have a eclipse feel to it and the snow is certainly adding to the image. very nicely done overall ! TFS

Andreas Liedmann
08-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Thanks my friends from India :wave: for your kind comments , as always much appreciated .

Cheers Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
08-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Nice detail here, Andreas. I like the "Snow cap" too!
I do wish there was a tad more DOF, or otherwise a little less space on LHS and more on RHS? Personal preference though...
Sharpness and contrast look spot on.

Andreas Liedmann
08-09-2015, 07:43 AM
Thanks Morkel always appreciate your comments .

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
08-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Hello Boetie,

Your Seal image here gets my seal of approval on so many counts:5, but since you are my Boet I thought I should not conceal my secret desire to turn this around, tighten crop, and see what it looks like - WDYT?

This is wonderful, so sharp, so much detail, nice IQ, yes more DOF and a slight change in HA would have taken this over the top, still a superb image and that eye is magic! Love the "snow" touch, just makes it extra special!

Wonderful work as usual, Andreas...

Warmest regards from your African Sister,

Mike Poole
08-10-2015, 01:33 PM
The bit of snow on this head really add interest to this shot Andreas. You've already mentioned you wold have liked more DoF, and like Morkel, I think a bit off the left, replace by a bit on the right would balance the shot better.

On another point, seeing Gabrielas RP got me thinking - has anyone ever seen her and Steve in the same room...? :t3

Andreas Liedmann
08-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Thanks Gabriela and Mike for your comments and feedback , much appreciated .

Gabriela a big handful of thanks for your RP , yes it does work , even if i never get the idea personally , with your edit you lost most of the OOF stuff issues , so you did well !!!

Mike i think they have never been in a real life room together , maybe in a virtual :t3, but who knows what is happening behind the scenes :wave:. But i have been with Gabriela in one room and she never flipped images then !!!???

Thanks again , Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
08-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Boetie, I don't remember me and you talking Photoshop, LOL. I think it was you and Andre, while I sat in a corner of the room quietly and did my simple PP work:2eyes2:

And I have not had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Detail yet:w3

Hope you have a fun evening,