PDA

View Full Version : flowers blooming in castelluccio-morning

Valerio Tarone
08-05-2015, 09:57 AM
7 o'clock am.:the fog had cleared off.
Rachel:more DOF, the tree in the middle is always the same. Thanks for the previous comment.The flower in LL is the anchor point.
NikonD600 tokina 16-50mm f13 1/160 -0,3 EV iso200 wb sunlight manual focusing

comments appreciated.

Morkel Erasmus
08-07-2015, 02:55 PM
Nice colours and misty mood here, Valerio.
I know you were going for a "foreground element" with that left-hand flower popping up, but here it's distracting from the lovely scene behind. I would have left it out...

Diane Miller
08-07-2015, 03:08 PM
... or included more of it, moved away from the edge of the frame, and with the tip reaching up into the mountains. I LOVE the fog/mist against the hills. Did you by any chance shoot some more like this composition?

BTW, the embedded profile is Nikon RGB. Images for web display should be converted to sRGB for the most accurate representation of the colors for the most viewers.

Andrew McLachlan
08-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Hi Valerio, I agree that the plant in the lower left corner is not helping the composition. In Diane's cropped repost the scene is more pleasing with the plant evicted.

Rachel Hollander
08-13-2015, 07:37 AM
Hi Valerio - I very much like the additional dof here but agree with the others about the fg flower. Diane's crop has taken care of that. The fog/low clouds really add to the scene here.

TFS,
Rachel

Valerio Tarone
08-17-2015, 12:40 PM
Sorry for my delay, I was in my country home, not connected. Thanks to everyone. I'm used to follow you in excluding the LL element.But Diane has taken care of it. I've done many other shots there..in company with Samuel Pradetto, international award winner.
My registration is expiring.

Diane Miller
08-17-2015, 12:45 PM
Valerio, we hope you'll consider staying with us!

Valerio Tarone
08-17-2015, 01:59 PM
Diane, thank you!!!! it should a pleasure! but where? Actually I'm not intented coming to USA....I want a period of relaxation. i should be pleased atonement you Europe. I have a good acquaintace of nature here, either botany either wildlife, either lovely landscapes. i have 'my' favourite places.

Diane Miller
08-17-2015, 02:14 PM
Sorry -- I meant staying with the forum, as in renewing as a member.

We all love seeing your images from places where many of us don't often travel.

Valerio Tarone
08-17-2015, 02:56 PM
Diane thank you again, i always search some originality, always to me 'you have to do something better or different as others'. As written above I want a period of relation, the winter is, mostly, a dead period for me. I'll consider the subscription in any way.

Don Lacy
08-17-2015, 03:21 PM
Hi Valerio, A little late in commenting sorry about that, Diane has already fixed one of the issues i had with the image the second thing i think could help the image is a little more separation of the tones as is the image is basically on tonality. Some selective use of contrast adjustments and dodging and burning would ad depth to the image.

Valerio Tarone
08-18-2015, 05:55 AM
Thank you Don. It's not easy for me understanding D&B because I use Nikon Capture. so,I went to see some tutorials. do you mean Global or Local D&B? what's the goal? I suppose to boost the fog effect. I tried this using color control point, making it brighter. i can't,today, send a file.
I think I'll use the new Lightroom within some months.