PDA

View Full Version : Theme GBH with prey....

Geoff Newhouse
08-04-2015, 08:04 AM
I think this bill is long enough to qualify...I don't have any curlews where I live:bg3:

Handheld from a kayak, manual exposure, available light, Canon 7D Mark II, Canon 100-400 IS II, 220mm, f/7.1, 1/1600, ISO 400

Comments and critiques very welcomed...always trying to learn and improve...

adrian dancy
08-04-2015, 12:45 PM
An interesting capture for both you and the eel. I think the bill size qualifies but only just:bg3:. You have managed an in focus bill right down to the tip. Good composition and despite strong light you have pulled off a very successful image in my humble opinion.

gail bisson
08-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Good solid image.
I like your choice of comp.
Good details in the feathers and the eel adds to the image.
I just wish the light had been a little less harsh but it is what it is!
I would clone out the specular highlights on the eel body.
BG blues look great.
Whites a bit hot on the top of the head but look good for the cheek and chin.
Nice one Geoff!

Stu Bowie
08-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Hi Geoff, yep, this bill qualifies, and with a juicy meal in it too. Excellent sharp detail on the Heron, and well placed in the frame. I agree, removing specular highlights on the Eel wont harm the image. This fellow is very similar to what we call a Grey Heron.

Satish Ranadive
08-04-2015, 08:25 PM
Excellent image. Superb details in feathers, lovely colours, backdrop and composition.
Rest has been mentioned above.

Regards,
Satish.

Geoff Newhouse
08-04-2015, 09:27 PM
I purposely didn't mention the crop amount in the OP to see if anyone noticed that it may be a heavy crop....just for fun and to show how good the 7D2 and 100-400II are...here is the original....