PDA

View Full Version : BPN Renewal

Norm Dulak
08-02-2015, 04:01 PM
I have been a BPN member for a number of years, and I have really enjoyed my membership. There are many in BPN, both moderators and members, who have provided valuable advice to me. But now I have been advised in an email that I must renew my membership. And I must do it through PayPal, with recurring payments no matter what! I don't purchase anything no matter what on a recurring basis any more.

That's because of an unwanted Christmas present I received in 2009; a case of ARDS that put me for two months into a Medical ICU in Baltimore, MD, with two weeks on a mechanical ventilator.

I survived that very near death experience and am doing well. But please, BPN, let me renew my membership on an annual basis with a simple credit card payment! I will be happy to do so. But if the recurring PayPal thing is my only option, I can't stay with BPN.

Norm Dulak

P-A. Fortin
08-02-2015, 07:53 PM
I *think* you can renew through BPN as a recurring payment, then log onto Paypal and cancel the recurrence.

Annoying, but this is a workaround that works to my knowledge.

Karen Pleasant
08-03-2015, 06:06 PM
That is what I did. I cancelled the recurring notice in PayPal...

Norm Dulak
08-04-2015, 05:56 AM
Thanks.

arash_hazeghi
08-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Hi Norm,

after payment just cancel the recurring payment by going to your paypal-->settings-->preapproved payments then cancel payment for BPN

also you can ask Peter Kes to help you

best

Norm Dulak
08-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Of course, Arash, and that's what I've done for the last X number of years. But why isn't there a simple credit card payment option?

arash_hazeghi
08-11-2015, 04:28 PM
BPN cannot afford the running cost of a contract with large CC companies to allow us to charge directly to third a party CC. Paypal has significantly lower costs.