PDA

View Full Version : breaking the rules-castelluccio di Norcia

Valerio Tarone
08-01-2015, 02:45 PM
i kno there's a blue cast,..and the FG isn'OOF I made it to boost the fairy tale appearance. At 6'o clock in the morning the fog didn't yet fully disappeared.
Nikon D600 f4,5 1/800 ev.axposition iso200 wb:cloudy manual focusing.The matter is that,after some shots 'in the rules'Iwant try something different interpreting the atmosphere of the place.
Comments..

Diane Miller
08-02-2015, 02:57 PM
I like it! I don't know how wide-angle the lens was, but wonder if a different image would have been to get closer to the red poppy (or whatever it is) and move it up in the frame a little bit. If the camera could have remained in place on a tripod, another shot as the fog cleared just a little more, with a little more detail on the trees, might make an interesting composite. My eye wants one small part to have a little more detail to anchor the soft parts.

Valerio Tarone
08-02-2015, 03:30 PM
thank you Diane. The camera was on a tripod. And I made other shots when the fog cleared off, they will be shared in next days. In particular you'll find the tree(in this shot on the right)small in the middle.

Cheryl Slechta
08-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Hi, Valerio, I think this is beautiful!!! I love everything about it - the fog, the mystery, the tiny specks of yellow and red flowers. I like it just the way it is.:S3:

Rachel Hollander
08-03-2015, 07:59 PM
Hi Valerio - I have looked at this a few times and each time, I like it more and more. Well done!

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew McLachlan
08-11-2015, 08:00 PM
Hi Valeio, this scene works quite nicely for me the blurred foreground flowers work very nicely with the foggy conditions of the day.

Don Lacy
08-17-2015, 03:26 PM
I realy like the ideal and use of fog to create a unique and different image. I think if you could have position the one red flower in the frame at a better compositional area within the frame it would have made the image even stronger.

Valerio Tarone
08-19-2015, 04:11 AM
Hi Don, difficult for me to see a red flower. Thank you.