PDA

View Full Version : Vising Greece in September

andresleon
07-31-2015, 05:17 PM
Greetings (Yassas!),
My wife and I are visiting Greece in September for our wedding anniversary. Fortunately she and I both love beautiful locations and wonderful landscapes, so I will have a lot of opportunities to shoot.

We are planning to visit the Acropolis in Athens, Delphi, Temple of Poseidon, Meteora, Santorini, and Crete. I know that there must be a thousand other great locations for landscapes to shoot, so please feel free to reply with your list and what you've found most rewarding from your visit to this wonderful country.

Lastly, I've heard rumors that tripods are not very appreciated around archaeological sites and/or ruins. IS it true that if you setup a tripod you may be fined or charged a fee as a professional photographer? If so, is there any way around it?

Any other tips or suggestions are definitively appreciated!

Thanks!

Andres

Karen Pleasant
07-31-2015, 07:11 PM
We were there in 2009. I used my tripod and was never hassled. But....things may have changed since 2009. Cape Sunio is a good destination for sunset. My Greece Gallery is HERE.... (http://www.pleasanttravelsphotography.com/Porftolio/Travel-other-than-USA/Europe/Greece-/)

andresleon
08-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Thanks, Karen! I'll definitively check out that cape since it's close to the Temple of Poseidon. Your photos are wonderful, too!

Valerio Tarone
08-18-2015, 07:50 AM
Hi Andres, in greece I've been just in Evros Delta and Dadia reserve. As you mentioned landscapes I suppose you'looking for stunning landscapes. I know that Crete has it, the inner mountains and Samaria Gorge. Enjoy yourself!

andresleon
08-18-2015, 03:16 PM
Thanks Valerio. Unfortunately I won't be near any of those places. I appreciate your feedback!