PDA

View Full Version : Out Of The Box IOTW 05/23/2008 Brutus Ostling

James Shadle
06-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Congratulations Brutus(not Brutis) Ostling!
White Eagles II

Here is another long-shuttertime-image of gulls. I downloaded another one of this kind in the box with wild birds. My experience of this kind of photos is that they often divides us as viewers in two opposite categories, those who like it and those who do not like it at all.

The other photo is for my book about gulls next year or maybe 2010. This one - cropped a bit to suit the page - or maybe it was yet another one, rather similar to this, photographed at the same occasion was just included in a new edition of Jonathan Livingstone Seagull, by Richard Bach, with a rather exciting design by a Swedish designer famous for his CD-covers who has included 27 or 28 of my photos of gulls (those I don't need for my own book about gulls next year, and two photos which may be in both books, it's two different kind of books, so I don't think that matters

Brutus Ostling
06-03-2008, 02:10 AM
Thanks. But this is not a winner photo. What a luck that our taste differs, it would be very boring otherwise. I prefer the other "White Eagle"-shot.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Great dynamic mood, congratulations!

Manos Papadomanolakis
06-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Congratulations Brutus

Craig Markham
06-05-2008, 01:33 AM
I like it! A seagull feeding frenzy is a raucous, messy affair, and this catches that chaotic mood very well. When's the last time you asked a dozen gulls to pose for a feeding frenzy? Composition in this situation is potluck.http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Anita Rakestraw
06-06-2008, 02:38 AM
Brutus, congratulations! I think I liked the other version better too, but am glad you are receiving this well-deserved recognition! How exciting to have one of your photos in the Jonathan Livingston Seagull book! And it's exciting about your own upcoming book and the other images that are being used in another book! Pretty cool!!

Alfred Forns
06-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Love this image Brutus !!! Big Congrats !!!!

Robert Amoruso
06-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Congrats Brutus.

Gus Cobos
09-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Congratulations...:cool: