PDA

View Full Version : flowers blooming in Castelluccio di Norcia

Valerio Tarone
07-27-2015, 04:19 PM
Every year in june-july the meadows of Castelluccio di Norcia blooms like an explosion of colors:blue red white. Never seen a similar gathering of photographing people!
Nikon 600 Tokina 16-50mm iso200 wb cloudy aperture eveluation f5 1/100 in pp all the normal things as sharpness, saturation ,colors,etc.

Comments wellcomed.

Andrew McLachlan
07-27-2015, 08:15 PM
Hi Valerio, nicely composed scene with beautiful wildflowers dominating the foreground, however, the foreground area appears to have been over sharpened to the point of having an Out-of-the-box feel to it.

Valerio Tarone
07-28-2015, 01:16 AM
Thank you Andrew, which could be the cause? i used, in Nikon captureNX2, USM, not a selective sharpening. In the foreground I boosted a bit the color yellow. So it could be oversatured, not over sharpened.

Cheryl Slechta
07-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Hi, Valerio, I love the composition and I wish I had seen all of the wildflowers while I was there. I was fortunate to see some poppies amongst the olive trees in Cortona. I think I would crop a little from the bottom just above that single red poppy in the middle at the bottom. I'm OK with the foreground but the background/sky seem to have posterization or a slight color cast that I think you could improve on. But if it truly was that color in the sky then I'd leave it alone. I also would remove that white object on the right edge about 3/4 from the bottom. I hope you post more:S3:

Don Railton
07-28-2015, 11:22 PM
Hi Valerio. This is quite a beautiful scene..! and I can imagine there are many photographers jostling for the good spots here.. I do agree with the other comments however, and I would have guessed it is over sharpened also until I read your reply. I am not sure why it has that OOTB/textured look to it, is it in the processed file before you made the JPEG for BPN?? I also see what I think is a magenta cast in the cloud RHS. The big red flower in the FG is at 255 in the red channel in places so maybe the saturation could be backed off just a little. Please show us more from here..

DON

Valerio Tarone
07-29-2015, 07:38 AM
[QUOTE=Don Railton;1078200]Hi Valerio. This is quite a beautiful scene..! and I can imagine there are many photographers jostling for the good spots here.. I do agree with the other comments however, and I would have guessed it is over sharpened also until I read your reply. I am not sure why it has that OOTB/textured look to it, is it in the processed file before you made the JPEG for BPN?? I also see what I think is a magenta cast in the cloud RHS. The big red flower in the FG is at 255 in the red channel in places so maybe the saturation could be backed off just a little. Please show us more from here..

DON[/QUOTE
I'm not completely sure whether the file is exact because I have some hundred of files!

Rachel Hollander
08-01-2015, 10:15 AM
Hi Valerio - The rp is an improvement though it still has that sort of watercolor look to the sky. Any chance you shot some with a lot more dof? I would also have tried to avoid the bare tree/bush in the fg in the field so that it was not in my images.

TFS,
Rachel

Valerio Tarone
08-01-2015, 02:58 PM
Thank you Rachel. I made some dozen of shots, yes but,but I'll upload some of them, quite impossible to share all them. However,you find another made in Castelluccio, others images will arrive..every 48 hours.

Cheryl Slechta
08-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Hi, Valerio, I love the repost. I would remove that one red poppy on the bottom middle edge:S3: