PDA

View Full Version : Going down again...

Kerry Perkins
07-27-2015, 04:18 PM
Well, I can't seem to buy a break in the health department. I had a close call with a heart attack a couple of weeks ago and am now facing surgery to replace my aortic valve, which has narrowed dangerously and needs to be replaced. The surgery is traditional open heart stuff where they stop your heart while they work on it and (with any luck!) start it back up again. Not looking forward to it, but my surgeon has done over 11,000 cardiac surgeries and has the highest success rate in California, which is saying a lot. It is scheduled for August 7th and I will be even more absent for a couple of months as I face my own recovery while trying to take care of my wife who is a metastatic breast cancer patient. It is going to be a difficult time, but I hope to be here at least as much as I have been in recent months. The worst part of all this, aside from the obvious practical health issues, is that I haven't been able to get out and do much photography as I stay close to home for my wife. I don't like re-posting old images, so I haven't been posting much lately. Fingers crossed for a full recovery by October and the same for my wife who is also facing a difficult surgery in coming weeks. Thanks for your understanding and patience with me! :c3:

Cheryl Slechta
07-27-2015, 05:01 PM
Kerry, you know you and your wife are in my thoughts daily. Take care of yourself and your wife and we will all hold down the fort until you're fully recovered.:S3:

Jackie Schuknecht
07-27-2015, 05:06 PM
Wishing you the best of luck with everything Kerry. I deleted my post since I thought it was redundant, and we did post at the same time. I will be thinking of you next week!

Wendy Kates
07-27-2015, 10:23 PM
Kerry, I'm so sorry to hear about your difficulties. Wishing both you and your wife much luck and as easy recoveries as possible. You will be in our thoughts.

Nancy Bell
07-28-2015, 02:26 PM
Wishing you and your wife the very best of outcomes! Rest easy, gain your strength, and we'll be pulling for you! Looking forward to when you're back. Visit when you can and let us know how you and your wife are doing. Take care, dear friend.

BTW, this is a lovely image!

gary ellwein
07-29-2015, 06:43 PM
Kerry, may you and your wife successfully traverse this rough patch.

Mitch Carucci
07-31-2015, 02:58 PM
Kerry,

Your old images are better than any of my new ones! Post an old one when you can, and the time will go by... Soon you will be out again and we will all be very happy to see your new posts. You are going through hard times. We will all keep you in our minds and hearts.

Mitch

Diane Miller
07-31-2015, 09:05 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you both!! Take the time you need to recover!