PDA

View Full Version : Cicada in your face

Nancy Bell
07-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Here in Arkansas the drone of cicadas starts in the morning and goes till dusk. It seems the louder it gets, the hotter the temperature is! This cicada has just shed it's exoskeleton and was starting to stretch it's wings. I was struck by how vulnerable the cicada is during this period as it is sluggish and certainly not able to fly. I have a neighborhood Roadrunner that would snap this critter up faster than you can blink! After the neighborhood kids had a good look I spent some time stretched out on the ground with my 100mm macro lens and macro flash. I will post the exoskeleton next.

Jonathan Ashton
07-24-2015, 01:04 PM
Wow it is certainly in my face! Nice DOF some of the surroundings are a little distracting but it is good and sharp and my eyes quickly return to the subject.

Steve Maxson
07-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Hi Nancy. Nice sharpness within your DOF - and not a viewpoint that we usually see with these. :S3: The sharp bits of vegetation in the LLC are drawing my eye - you might consider blurring those a little. (?) Otherwise, well done - and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your other shots!

OvidiuCavasdan
08-03-2015, 01:29 PM
I like the viewpoint and the good details. Good use of DOF. Agree about LLC. Camera settings?