07-21-2015, 06:16 PM
Nikon V1
Nikon 300 f4 + FT-1
1/200th sec - f6.3 - ISO 200
Taken as a jpeg
LR/PS

christopher galeski
07-22-2015, 12:36 AM
Like it,nice reflection of the head,nice light,dont know were you took it,but a lower POV would have taken it up a notch.TFS.

Gabriela Plesea
07-22-2015, 12:31 PM
This is sweet, Bill!

Love the reflection, the colours, nice IQ for 1/200s, and really looking good for a Jpg. Do you shoot in RAW as well, sometimes?

Agree with Chris above about a lower POV, in the same breath I must admit I like this very much: colours are spot-on and the water has a nice velvety quality, as opposed to the subject's sharpness and clarity.

Really hoping to see more from you, will look out for your images in the future, thank you Bill for sharing this - I enjoyed viewing:)

Kind regards,

Steve Kaluski
07-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Hi Bill, I'm not sure a lower POV would have helped, as you may have lost the angle for the reflection which is nice. Adding a Luminosity adjustment layer with a % reduction in Opacity I feel brings a depth & richness to the overall scene and cropping to a 16x9 from the foot of the image just tightens the whole comp up. Increasing your SS in the future will also help to.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
07-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Hi Bill - The reflection is great and I also like that we can see the rest of the frog through the water. Steve's suggestion of a luminosity mask is a good one. However, I would crop from the top not the bottom.:eek3: Hoping to see more of your wildlife images.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
07-23-2015, 03:08 AM
Hi Bill -- a very nice image , liked the reflection and angle as well . Certainly a tighter crop would have been much better . TFS

Gerhard Weldhagen
07-26-2015, 04:14 AM
Like the above and below look, the reflection and eye contact came out well.