PDA

View Full Version : Candy Striped

Mitch Carucci
07-20-2015, 01:18 PM
I was actually trying to get a photo of a flower, when this very bright insect (less than 1/2 inch long) jumped onto a leaf near my camera. I was able to get a few shots off before it leaped off again.

I focus stacked three of the pics. Nikon D7000 @ Tokina 100mm @ approx F11. (cropped image)

I have since found that this is a Candy-Striped leafhopper (Graphocephala cocconea).

Diane Miller
07-20-2015, 10:13 PM
Are yu sure you didn't do this on Photoshop? What an amazing insect!! Great image of it, even better for a rushed spontaneous moment.

Allen Sparks
07-20-2015, 11:12 PM
Wow that is a colorful bug! Nice sharpness. the insect really pops in this image.

Allen

Jonathan Ashton
07-21-2015, 04:32 AM
What a great shot wow those colours are something else, we have leaf hoppers here but they are plane green or brown. The stack on the insect looks good but the area of leaf under the wing toward the rear looks a little mushy.

MiroslavMaric
07-22-2015, 01:03 PM
Like the composition, BG, details & colours of the bug. Nice frame. Great you provided ID data of very nice and colorful bug. I agree with Jonathan about the area under the wing. TFS.

Cheers,
Miro

Daniel Cadieux
07-23-2015, 08:36 AM
What a coincidence seeing this here now...I just saw and photographed my first of this species just this week in my front yard garden! I was not photographing when I first saw it, and it took me off guard so I rushed in and slapped the macro lens onto the camera :-)

I did not get a nice green setting like have here, the leafhopper looks great against that. Bummer you did not have time to get a bit higher to clear the hind legs, but I understand it was a rush job...and well done on that!

OvidiuCavasdan
07-30-2015, 02:20 PM
Amazing colors and nice details on insect. Well done.

Mitch Carucci
07-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Thanks Diane, Allen, Jonathan, Miroslav, Daniel & Ovidiu.