PDA

View Full Version : Chamois

MiroslavMaric
07-20-2015, 08:29 AM
I did the shot during mountain climbing.

7D2, 100-400II, hand held, 400mm, f/5.6, 1/1600s, ISO400.
PP: NR of BG, tone adjustment, crop (frame size is 2859 x 1915 pixels).

Thanks for viewing and CC.

Cheers,
Miro

haseeb badar
07-21-2015, 05:16 AM
Hi Miroslav -- a beautiful scape with lovely colors and settings ! You achieved a good SS to capture the jump , well done !! I feel you could have left a bit more space on the LHS but u have nicely processed the image overall !! TFS

Rachel Hollander
07-21-2015, 07:33 AM
Hi Miro - Good timing to get the jump. I am ok with the comp as is. Looks like the light was a bit harsh. If it were mine I would apply a luminosity mask to reduce the highlights on the rocks by about 30-35%. There's also a slight magenta cast on the rocks, but an easy fix. Overall, very nice and a couple of easy tweaks will take it up a notch.

It would be great to have your thoughts on other wildlife images. We recommend commenting on at least 3-5 other wildlife images each time you post one of your own.

TFS,
Rachel

Shawn Zierman
07-21-2015, 09:18 AM
The timing of the image standsout. The image quality is excellent! I find the rocks and the spaces between them and the way they rest on one another a visually pleasing element to the image. Sweet backdrop that gives that real sense of your elevation.

MiroslavMaric
07-21-2015, 12:56 PM
Thanks to everyone!

If it were mine I would apply a luminosity mask to reduce the highlights on the rocks by about 30-35%. There's also a slight magenta cast on the rocks, but an easy fix

I checked, you are 100% right. Thanks a lot. Below is the new version (I reduce a bit the highlights with luminosity mask and add a bit of green to remove magenta cast):

It would be great to have your thoughts on other wildlife images. We recommend commenting on at least 3-5 other wildlife images each time you post one of your own.

Yes, for sure I will view other images and add my comments. I appreciate the efforts of other members and it's my pleasure to participate in wildlife group.

Cheers,
Miro

christopher galeski
07-22-2015, 12:45 AM
very nice image Miroslav,nice BG and FG,nice jumping action,if mine,I might remove the fly at the back of the legs,know big deal.TFS.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-22-2015, 04:21 AM
Beautiful image Miro. Well composed and timed. Rachel gave some good tips and your RP takes it up a step!

Gabriela Plesea
07-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Hello Miro:)

I like this very much - well timed indeed, and some interesting body language from the Chamois - love that mouth open and wide eyes! Were there other characters present?

Well composed and I like the urgency of that leap, as well as those massive boulders and sparse vegetation - the BG is great and helps create a dramatic scene.

RP a great improvement to the OP - thank you for taking the time to review. Hope to see more images from you in the Wildlife Forum, thank you so much for sharing this unusual capture, I enjoyed viewing:cheers:

Kind regards,

MiroslavMaric
07-30-2015, 10:30 AM
Were there other characters present?
RP a great improvement to the OP - thank you for taking the time to review. Hope to see more images from you in the Wildlife Forum, thank you so much for sharing this unusual capture, I enjoyed viewing:cheers:

Thank you Gabriela for kind words. Yes, it was the small herd of chamois, could be 6-8. I'm very grateful to get the comments from Wildlife group members so I can learn a lot. I enjoy in the stories and photos too. I will participate with photos but it's not easy to capture wildlife photos in my area. I will do my best :S3:

Best regards,
Miro