PDA

View Full Version : Theme Tumult, Turmoil, Trepidation, Triumph

Morkel Erasmus
07-19-2015, 05:51 PM
I seem to be finding a lot of "water" images for the theme this month...:t3
Few things can prepare you for witnessing a really intense crossing of the Mara river, but nothing can make you forget it once you've experienced it!

I can't wait to get back up to the Mara Triangle again in September this year, to witness this spectacle again and help our guests capture their own memorable moments of it.

Techs:
Nikon D3s
Nikkor 500mm f4 VR-II
f11 | 1/1000 SS | ISO-1600

Mike Poole
07-19-2015, 06:04 PM
classic crossing shot Morkel - looks like something off one of those 'motivational' poster all over the modern workplace - and i mean that in a positive way!

It's one of those shots that has many elements throughout the shot and therefore demands a long look to see all the separate parts, from the water splashes to the swimmers to the nervous jumpers. The conversion suits the shot and you've done a nice job with it

Excellent work

Mike

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-19-2015, 10:28 PM
Morkel, great depth to the image, superb conversions and POV. Classic crossing shot, impressively displayed! TFS.

haseeb badar
07-20-2015, 03:53 AM
Hi Morkel -- Excellent conversion , splashing water with the chaotic herd presents a great scene . wish to see this spectacle someday . TFS .

Rachel Hollander
07-20-2015, 06:07 AM
Hi Morkel - classic scene and going vertical works well here. Lots to look at and enjoy. Only thing I might try to do is back off on the sharpening of the water. At this size it looks like too much but difficult when the animals are in the middle of the splash.

TFS,
Rachel

Karen Pleasant
07-20-2015, 12:17 PM
One of the best crossing images I've seen. I really like the B&W presentation and the vertical format. I yearn to see a little more detail in the animals at the bottom of the bank before entering the water. But I'll bet you gave us less detail here to focus our attention on the animals in the water. The white of the water being sprayed into the air adds drama to the scene. Well conceived, captured and processed!

Gabriela Plesea
07-20-2015, 01:56 PM
Hello dearest Morkel,

I love the title and the vertical crop works so well for me, as well as the placement of subjects in the frame. This is nice and sharp, the subjects are a tad too dark IMO, forgive me please and I admit I am no boffin on B/W, just my feeling - I keep looking for something to "grab my eye" but it isn't there 100%, could you perhaps look into this character on the bottom of the frame and lighten him a bit, especially when it comes to the eye? I would like to see that "rush", the despair, the turmoil...

Well seen and captured my friend, cannot wait to see more from you and hope your Mara trip in September will reward you with some stunners!

Warmest regards,

christopher galeski
07-22-2015, 12:49 AM
Great capture Morkel,in black and white ,and the crop make this for me.well done.