PDA

View Full Version : Theme Peregrine Falcon (male)

adrian dancy
07-17-2015, 06:28 PM
Image created close to the nest when the chicks were ringed under licence. The nest site is a dedicated cavity near the top of a 118m high rise building. It was very windy on top of the roof which made locating the birds in the lens near impossible. I was operating two cameras at the time, one for the ringing operation and the other for the adults.
Canon 7D, Sigma 500f4.5 EX. Hand held. 10% crop and canvas added at bottom.
ISO 800, f5.6, 1/2000

Edit: I thought I had clicked 'Theme' ?

Karl Egressy
07-17-2015, 08:18 PM
Excellent high key image, Adrian. Welcome to BPN. Nice wing position of the close wing and nice eye contact. Techs look spot on.

keith mitchell
07-18-2015, 01:15 AM
Hi Adrian,good to see you posting on here,you have got a great flight shot with lots of detail,like it a lot.
Keith.

Ivan Ellison
07-21-2015, 06:10 AM
Another one of your great urban peregrine shots. Nice to see finally posting your images. Love the eye contact with this bird. The odd wing position may suit everyone but I find it ok with this image as that is how they fly when protecting the nest and having been there, done it, I know how hard they are to capture in the view finder.

Karen Pleasant
07-21-2015, 08:00 AM
Wonderful image, Adrian! Very nice eye contact and flight position. Very tough to shoot and yet you've done a great job capturing the image and processing it. One to be proud of!