PDA

View Full Version : Elephant up-close

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-15-2015, 11:28 AM
This was at the Okavango Delta (Shinde Camp)
7D II
100-400 L II
1/400
f/8
ISO 800

Rachel Hollander
07-15-2015, 05:06 PM
Hi Sanjeev - Very nice. Techs look really good though Steve will probably say get the ss higher. You handled the side lighting well with enough detail in the shadows. Sharpness, dof and comp all work great. If it were mine I might reduce the yellows slightly but you were there.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-15-2015, 10:41 PM
Thanks Rachel. I did reduce the yellows by -10 in hue/saturation. This is pretty close to how the golden colour was on the ele.

haseeb badar
07-16-2015, 08:25 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- very nicely done ! you have handled the side lighting very well and yes the ss should have been on the higher side and Steve will definitely say that !!

Katie Rupp
07-16-2015, 08:31 PM
It's all about the light here, very nicely done.

Steve Kaluski
07-17-2015, 08:36 AM
Steve will probably say get the ss higher.

I won't now. :t3

Nice portrait Sanjeev of a big old unit, perhaps a fraction tight, a little more room could help, but your call. The yellow looks OK to me, but I might push the Reds up a few points via Saturation. There is more you can pull out from the image Sanjeev, I feel you have been a little cautious here, you'll be surprised.

I won't RP. :w3

TFS
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
07-18-2015, 05:34 AM
Very nice head-on here.
I agree with Steve - you could tease more out here...particularly midtone contrast and sharpening of the elephant...

Gabriela Plesea
07-21-2015, 11:14 AM
Hello Sanjeev,

This definitely works for me:)

Love the colours, the warmth, nice definition on the ellie and those ears really stand out - I especially like that slightly tattered R ear, it adds so much character:)

You got away pretty well with relatively low SS, a little less and you would have paid the price, I think...especially if the ellie decided to shake his head! But it worked for you and I am enjoying this image as presented, love the light/shadow on the subject, nice detail overall, good IQ, sharpness is there in good measure.
So congrats from me Sanjeev, looking forward to see more from this Okavango trip - a successful one from what I have seen so far:cheers:

Kind regards,