PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Neighbor's Yard

Anita Bower
07-14-2015, 07:06 PM
I finally found a subject that I thought fit the grunge theme.
One of our neighbors is a farmer struggling to get by. He raises goats, lambs, cows, pigs, chickens for sale as meat. His yard is like a junk yard--he keeps all sorts of stuff. Here we see part of his barn, his dog Wyatt, the dog house and some of John's junk. I used Topaz Adjust, burn and doge, three textures (one of which was mine).

Wendy Kates
07-14-2015, 09:03 PM
I really like the textures, Anita. And the tones of the blue-green clapboards of the building are very effective. I agree that it fits the theme well. (I have some dilapidated farm photos that I am thinking of working up for the grunge theme too.)

Kerry Perkins
07-15-2015, 11:09 PM
That's really nice Anita. I like the base image a lot and the processing works really well. The scene reminds me a lot of little farms in rural Indiana. They always seemed to have a lot of junk and animals running around. :c3: Good theme image!

Paul Lagasi
07-16-2015, 12:42 AM
Perfect for the theme, grunge rocks. Great effect, really like the sky color.

Cheryl Slechta
07-16-2015, 04:02 PM
Hi, Anita, you picked a perfect image for the theme and I like the grunge effect a lot. I agree with Paul on the sky color - I immediately noticed it and liked how the color ties in with some of the colors in the yard. Nicely done:S3:

Nancy Bell
07-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Very well captured and processed! The shaggy dog adds the perfect bit of life in the tumble-down scene. I like that his head is down and he is walking out of the image.

Anita Bower
07-16-2015, 05:32 PM
Thank you all! I took this out the car window while my husband was talking with the farmer (who stores equipment in our barn and mows our meadow. Since I don't have a smart phone, I recently bought a small point and shoot that fits in my small purse. I can carry it everywhere and take photos such as these. Those of you with smart phones know all about this!

Jackie Schuknecht
07-18-2015, 10:15 AM
Great texture work. It actually looks pretty organized to some places that I have seen. :S3: The dog in the frame gives it a great sense of a moment in time captured.

Diane Miller
07-19-2015, 12:50 AM
The other side of Americana! Well done!