Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-13-2015, 11:24 PM
A warthog at Okavango Delta.
1/4000
f/10
ISO 1600
5D III
700mm
He was walking briskly, so kept the SS high. This is nearly full frame, small crop for comp.

Andreas Liedmann
07-14-2015, 01:21 AM
Hi Sanjeev , Mr Hook gave you a nice trotting pose and have chosen the right comp . Nice detail and color .
Just think the image does look a bit dark so i took it into PS and pushed it into life from my POV , i think i went a bit overboard , but all personal prefs.BTW i might drop the sharpening a fraction

WDYT?

Cheers Andreas

haseeb badar
07-14-2015, 04:33 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- What an individual , very nice comp . the RP has taken it up a notch , TFS !

Rachel Hollander
07-14-2015, 05:35 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Nice low pov and trotting pose. The comp works well. I agree with Andreas on backing off on the sharpening slightly and for me would probably go somewhere between your op and his rp on the tones and contrast.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
07-16-2015, 07:51 AM
Hi Sanjeev, I really, really like this, although f/10, but it worked. Like the fact he is almost trotting, but then takes a glance to you, pretty cool. Even the broken tusk adds to the content.

Personally I think the RP is a bit too bright loosing some detail, a slight Curves adjustment of the Lights just to boost them a bit, likewise a small colour balance tweak IMHO would suffice, but we all see things differently :S3:.
Top marks Sanjeev, well done on this. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
07-16-2015, 11:18 AM
Personally I think the RP is a bit too bright loosing some detail

Steve i do not see loss of detail , but as i said i could have gone a bit too far with my RP just lowering the overall opacity of the group would have not heard .Agree with you regarding different view from time to time :wave:

Morkel Erasmus
07-18-2015, 04:31 AM
Nice dynamic pose on this hog, Doc. I agree with Steve the RP is too bright, might go for something between the two?

Gabriela Plesea
07-21-2015, 11:40 AM
What a character you got here, Sanjeev! Kind of cute and lumpy, and the tusk makes me think of a Polish moustache, LOL!

You have been producing some exciting images lately, the "protagonists" are full of character and it makes it all so exciting to view, this is well processed and I like the framing/composition.

I see where Andreas is going and I like his idea of going a bit lighter here - perhaps try it, but to a lesser extent?

Wonderful work, Sanjeev!

Have a super evening,