PDA

View Full Version : Magical cenote

Lorant Voros
07-11-2015, 11:13 AM
One of the reasons why tourists come to Yucatan is the cenotes. Here is one less known...no signs and no pawed road to get here. I used HDR for this photo from the inside swimming to a high spot with my tripod and the camera.

1DX
17-40mm
IS0400
f:9
Tripod

Don Railton
07-12-2015, 11:15 PM
Hi Lorant.

This is certainly a very interesting shot and that water is a beautiful blue! Are those tree roots hanging from the ceiling..? I can see why you might like to visit this place although i don't like to swim with my camera... For me the shot is a little dark, especially towards the back of the cave and the LLH corner. Is flash allowed?? maybe that lights up the place a little better??

regards

DON

Lorant Voros
07-13-2015, 11:32 AM
Hi Don. Thanks for commenting. Yes, the roots of the trees enter the cenote and take water from there. Actually there are certain trees that indicate the presence of a cenote underneath and this is how people used to find the closed once. Flash is allowed and I shall try to use one in the future. This is the way some of them naturally are...dark and beautiful with crystal clear water. Others are open or semi open.

Regards,

Lorant

Don Lacy
07-13-2015, 05:44 PM
What a wonderful place would love to see one one day, i think you need an anchor in the foreground maybe move to the left a little. Also if you do not want to use flash you can always blend exposures.

Diane Miller
07-14-2015, 11:43 AM
Looks like a magical place! I'd be tempted to clone out the bright piece intruding along the upper left border. Would love to see more!

How on earth do you swim with a camera and tripod? I've done it with a camera in a watertight pelican case. Guess there are "body bags" that would hold a tripod....

Lorant Voros
07-14-2015, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the comments, guys.
Diane...here is another cenote....the photo taken by my great friend Manu. I was lucky to find a trunk to swim with....the cenote above I just managed to get to the high spot fast:).

Andrew McLachlan
07-14-2015, 07:11 PM
Hi Lorant, love the color of the water and the details in the roof of the cave. Agree with Don about having a strong foreground element...may be closer to the structures protruding from the water on the left side of the frame.

Morkel Erasmus
07-18-2015, 04:33 AM
A very interesting location and love the colours, Lorant. I am fine with the dynamic range as presented - caves are not bright and need to have a mysterious darkness portrayed in them.