PDA

View Full Version : Groundscraper...

Richard Flack
07-11-2015, 03:58 AM

Groundscraper Thrush photographed in Dullstroom, South Africa - June 2015
ISO 800 / 1/1000s / f6.3 / 0
Sharpened for web, increased vibrancy, small crop

I have a feeling that some may want me to crop this tighter, nonetheless I wanted to show off more of the background.
Look forward to your thoughts and critique as always.

Canon 7d MkII / 400 f2.8

keith mitchell
07-11-2015, 05:43 AM
Richard leaving more of that very nice bg is something that I often give thought ,would be a shame to loose that at the top, just a personal view and of course I'm certainly no expert ,bird looks nice and sharp and detailed, very nice and will read with interest the views of others.

Keith.

Karen Pleasant
07-11-2015, 02:23 PM
The type of habitat this bird enjoys is a beautiful backdrop for the bird. It also provides a sense of scale. Still just a little off the top and left would also be a nice alternative and result in the bird being a bit bigger in the frame. You chose a strong perspective by getting low to take this shot. Colors and details are well done.

Bill Dix
07-11-2015, 02:39 PM
A new Thrush for me, nicely placed in the beautiful landscape. I could see it either way, but it is refreshing to see some room around the bird once in a while (as one who often crops too tightly).

Karl Egressy
07-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Nice low angle shot, excellent head turn and eye contact, Richard.

Daniel Cadieux
07-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Neat little thrush. It gave you a nice subtle head turn here. Nice low angle. I'm OK with it smaller in the frame, but I like Karen's suggestion too.