PDA

View Full Version : Elephant portrait in golden light

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-10-2015, 07:58 AM
I thought i'd mix it up a bit and post an ele as I have posted a few leopard images. Here is an Elephant at the Okavango food plains in sweet light.
7D II
1/800
f/8
ISO 800
312mm

Rachel Hollander
07-10-2015, 08:19 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Nice head shot of the ele and nice golden light. I think you can give it a bit more depth and bring out the textures a bit more by giving the midtones a boost. Just watch that you don't augment the faint halo along the back of the ele. I would also remove the dust spot in the grass below the tusk.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-10-2015, 08:30 AM
Thanks Rachel for the RP. The mid-tone boost has helped and agree on removal of that speck.

haseeb badar
07-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Hi Sanjeev - seems u had a great trip,with plenty of subjects to shoot ! Rachel's RP has really made this look even better. I wished u had a clean BG , i mean no trees in the distant BG but that is nature photography and these things can't be easily counted out . TFS !!

Giovanni Frescura
07-11-2015, 05:37 AM
I like the light ..the only little problem could be the sky no very interesting and so the pint of contact between sky and elephant is too much sharp..for me

Stu Bowie
07-11-2015, 07:04 AM
Hi Sanjeev, sweet light, and love the detail on the hide. The Ele is separated nicely from the BG, and Im fine with the sky. Rachel's repost makes the Ele pop even more.

Daniel Cadieux
07-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Impressive fella, and Rachel has really added lots to it with a subtle but important tweak. Although I would not remove the tree, I would reduce the luminosity of its trunk just above the tusk to reduce its impact on the image. Well done overall...

Andreas Liedmann
07-12-2015, 08:47 AM
Hi Sanjeev , i guess you had a great trip .
Nice big unit of an elephant in sweet soft light . You have nice detail and color in OP , not much you can do regarding the BG and the elephant is separated enough from my POV .
Rachel did a good job for more depth in the tones , but i would restrict it to the subject as the rest also received this depth , but there is not need for more depth for my taste .

TFS Andreas

Katie Rupp
07-12-2015, 05:00 PM
Hi Sanjeev,
Sweet light. I like the mid-tone boost and agree with Andeas to only add it to the elephant, keeping the bg in the bg, so to speak.
TFS,
Katie