View Full Version : White Tailed Eagle

William Dickson
07-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Canon 5D Mk3
f/4 500mm
f/7.1
1/2500
ISO 800

Captured on the Isle of Mull, on the west coast of Scotland. Thanks for looking.

Will

Jonathan Ashton
07-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Will you are making me want to return to Mull, I used to go regularly in May. This is a lovely shot, I like the upturned wing tips an focus looks good as does exposure.

Joseph Przybyla
07-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Lovely image, Will. Your clear blue sky reminds of skies I have to deal with here in Florida. Beautiful bird, nicely shown. Thank you for sharing.

John Robinson
07-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Nice one Will We got one day like this- travelling up there !! At least the martens didn't need a blue sky !!
John

Robert Kimbrell
07-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Beautiful William . The pose gives a lovely angle on the wing. Well done.

Steve Kaluski
07-10-2015, 01:33 AM
Hi William, agree with Jonathan, I like the side elevation and the vertical down of the wing with the curl of the wing tips. I could be wrong, as I'm looking at this on the MacBook Pro, but increasing the overall Exposure (darkening) by say 'two thirds of a stop' I think brings more guts and depth to the image, % figures personal taste. It also enhances the blue of the sky which I think adds a bit more 'pop' to the subject. You could also tweak a couple of the colours i.e. Blue, Purple & Magenta in HSL, but again this is personal taste.

Looks like for once you had good weather, makes all the difference as it certainly helped with the techs and ensuring a high SS, but the 5D is a great camera especially when pushing the ISO.

Hope to see more. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

keith mitchell
07-10-2015, 07:13 AM
Caught up with this one beautifully Will,magnificent bird and a fine image, bet it's great to see.

Keith.

Daniel Cadieux
07-10-2015, 08:03 AM
Awesome profile flight pose, with a great look of concentration on this individual's face. I would go for a bit less sky above.

Stu Bowie
07-11-2015, 12:36 AM
Hi Will, Everything came together here with a great flight pose and good weather. I just love the show of the near wing with the curled primaries, together with all the feather detail. Before reading Dan's comment, I too would take a bit off the top. With weather like that, I hope you made the most of it. :w3