PDA

View Full Version : Male leopard @ Okavango

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-08-2015, 11:12 PM
This is another portrait of the male we saw at Okavango, Botswana. I liked the clean head shot I got here.
5D III
700mm
1/800
f/6.3
ISO 1600

Steve Kaluski
07-09-2015, 02:59 AM
Hi Sanjeev, I have to agree with you in your previous comment, a Tiger sighting is always awesome, but Leopards do come a very close second and you were very fortunate with some excellent sightings during your trip, nice one.

I might again look to a 10x8 format, cropping out the LH stalk, then coming in a little from the RHS and top, I think it may provide a better balance, but personal tastes too. You have nice detail and DoF looks right, don't mind that left ear dropping off in focus. You may like to consider just adding perhaps a Luminosity mask or revisit the RAW to bring a bit more depth back into the face, it really helps and shows how good the capture was. Personally I would darken that LH side just to provide a better balance to the overall background.

TFS
Steve

haseeb badar
07-09-2015, 04:02 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- Another beautiful portrait ! again the same issue with the snout , and agree with the cropping out of the twig in LHS , keep them coming !! TFS

Rachel Hollander
07-10-2015, 07:40 AM
Hi Sanjeev - A very strong portrait of this leopard. It seems you had quality time with him. Good suggestions by Steve for taking it up a notch.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
07-12-2015, 09:12 AM
Hi Sanjeev this guy gave you a good time i guess, does seem to be very relaxed :bg3:.
Good suggestion by Steve , fro my POV this image just needs some more depth in the HL and 1/4 tone s.... easy to address if you like .
Very nice IQ , lovely processed with loads of fine detail.

TFS Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
07-14-2015, 07:25 AM
Very nice portrait here Doc.
IMHO - given the light complexion of the cat and the dark BG, might make for a very striking monochrome portrait if the right filters are applied...:t3