PDA

View Full Version : Handsome Kestrel

Don Lacy
07-07-2015, 06:33 PM
I have been concentrating on landscapes over the last year and have been neglecting my 500 f/4 but every once in a while I take it out of the closet and brush it off and take it out for a spin. This is a Kestrel I shot about 6 months ago that I finally got around to processing

Canon 1DMKIII, 500f/4 + 1.4tc, 1/1250 at f/6.3, Manual Mode, ISO 400

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-07-2015, 10:33 PM
The bird is handsome for sure Don, nice pose and BG with great details. TFS.

Randy Stout
07-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Don"

Attractive pose, soft background, perch isn't my favorite, but you have minimized it in the frame, and the slight tilt helps.

I might consider a version with a bit cropped off the top.

Cheers

Randy

Marina Scarr
07-09-2015, 07:41 AM
Lovely raptor and pose. The whites are right on the edge and for my taste, they are a bit bright. I would make this a vertical and crop from left and right if it were mine. I just tried it and liked it.

Diane Miller
07-09-2015, 11:57 AM
Beautiful -- I'd love to get this close to one! Darkening the perch would minimize it a bit more, but it doesn't really bother me. Something a bit odd is going on with the top of the head -- a sort of grainy look. Maybe just the way the feathers are there?

Stu Bowie
07-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Hi Don, good look back pose, and I like the overall DOF on the kestrel. Just enough perch to not being overpowering, and I agree, the Kestrel is a touch to light. Killer BG. Comp wise, I would take off the left and top, and add a bit to the RHS.