PDA

View Full Version : Buddies

Randy Stout
07-05-2015, 11:00 AM
These two were hanging out in my pond this AM. I thought they looked like friends, or even brothers? Kind of the, "don't mess with my bros" look.

Olympus EM5, 40-150, f/11. 1/320 hand held with knuckles in the water

Post: Minor crop for comp, cleaned a few specular highlights , selective sharpening

I tried even smaller f/stops to increase DOF, focus part way between the two, etc., just not enough DOF at this distance to cover them both. Because I was hand holding, stacking not an option.

Advice and comments always appreciated

Cheers

Randy

Diane Miller
07-05-2015, 12:01 PM
What a smile this brought! Great reflection, too! Frogs are so cool, and I can never get within 50 ft of one.

Allen Sparks
07-05-2015, 01:04 PM
Hi Randy,
Very nice image - you captured a great moment. The reflection is quite cool and for me makes the OOF on the back frog less noticeable.

Allen

Karen Pleasant
07-05-2015, 01:43 PM
This image brought a big smile to my face! Very nice reflections. Given a choice had to be made, I really like where you put the focus. With the larger frog in back and slightly OOF, it emphasizes the "I'm watching over you" feeling of the image. Thanks for sharing!

Warren Spreng
07-05-2015, 09:01 PM
I'm ok with "Big Buddy" being a little OOF, it still gives the sense that he is looking out for his little buddy! Great reflections.

Jonathan Ashton
07-06-2015, 08:18 AM
Those are really cute frogs Randy - I love the colour, the composition is excellent.

Randy Stout
07-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Thanks everyone:

Glad it generated a few smiles! Frogs seem to do that to people. Appreciate your comments.

Randy

OvidiuCavasdan
07-06-2015, 01:44 PM
Excellent composition and reflection! I like this a lot!

Steve Maxson
07-12-2015, 11:26 AM
Love the low shooting angle and, of course, the reflections! Very sharp within your DOF and I like the soft light. You might consider toning down the bright area below the black on the right side so it doesn't draw the eye. Very nicely done!