PDA

View Full Version : Red-capped Lark

Richard Flack
07-05-2015, 01:20 AM

These skittish larks are pretty distinctive as well as attractive.
This is my best shot to date, taken in very early morning light.
ISO 640 / f4.5 / 1/2000 / 0
Sharpened for web, improved vibrancy

Randy Stout
07-05-2015, 05:38 AM
Richard:

Your lark is sharp, nice angle in frame, low POV,excellent eye, all good.

The foreground and background are a bit busy, the latter being helped by being out of focus. You might be able to tone down the luminosity and contrast of the foreground just a bit to soften its impact.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
07-05-2015, 05:59 AM
Excellent details on the subject, and I love the tidbit in the bill. Good colours, and low angle which helped with the BG. I'd likely run some NR to said BG, and yes to lowering the luminosity of the FG (and BG too). Do these guys have extra long claws like our larks?

Karl Egressy
07-05-2015, 06:32 AM
Nice earth colors of the whole frame and nice pose.

Satish Ranadive
07-05-2015, 08:00 AM
Excellent image, Richard.
I like the beautiful colour pallet. Very nice pose with tiny food grain in the beak. Nice details too.
Rest is mentioned above.

Regards,
Satish.

gail bisson
07-05-2015, 03:21 PM
Great POV.
Lark looks great.
Yes to some NR on the BG and I would add a bit of black ( ie 1 or 2 points only) to the neutrals (on the bird only) in selective coloring (if you have photoshop). It would add a bit of punch to the bird.
You have received some good advice from the others so I won't repeat them,
Gail

Richard Flack
07-06-2015, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone! Appreciate it.
Dan, yes our larks have long hind claws. From what I understand this helps them with balance. Have a super day!

David Salem
07-06-2015, 11:38 AM
Nice capture Richard. I do agree with all the suggestions above and with those made it will make for a nice one in your portfolio. Well done