PDA

View Full Version : Fast food delivery

Diane Miller
07-03-2015, 12:22 PM
An osprey with a WHOLE fish -- I was so excited! Not any choice about the steep angle -- he's approaching the nest and it's a lot taller than I am. He often circles farther away, allowing a slightly shallower angle, but then there is just too much humid thermal-churned air between us.

Canon 7D3, 100-400 II at 227mm. ISO 800, 1/2500 at f/5. M exposure set by shooting some light-colored objects nearby and setting to just get slight blinkies. Wish I had more dynamic range as action here doesn't happen at first or last light.

Minimal adjustments in LR and into PS to patch a torn feather and some slight color tweaks. NR with Dfine but hardly needed.

Richard Flack
07-03-2015, 12:25 PM
Hi Diane, well done, awesome action image and great to get the whole fish. Light looks a bit harsh and this seems to have impacted the details in the whites. And as you say not the best angle or wing position. But still a very nice image. TFS

gail bisson
07-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Did Canon come out with a new camera? the 7D3??:t3
I have to agree with your self-critique re: angle. The head angle is good but wish he had been looking directly at you. That would help give the illusion that the angle is less steep.
It is always a bonus to have the whole fish because they love the bite off the head as soon as they catch it. I like the way the fish is looking up at the osprey.
Light is harsh and does take a bit away from the image. My experience with osprey is that they love to fish early am when the light is good but I guess that has not been your experience with this pair. Too bad.
TFS,
Gail

Diane Miller
07-03-2015, 04:25 PM
7D3 -- ooops -- wishful thinking?