PDA

View Full Version : Black Browed Albatros far from home

Andreas Liedmann
07-03-2015, 08:13 AM
Hi all another frame of the foreigner i found on Helgoland Island during my recent trip to that island .
Was a bit of a small sensation for the birders and the photogs , as they do live normally in the southern ocean area.

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 200- 400 IS L with TC engaged at 560 mm
HH

F 8 ; Iso 1250; 1/800 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; very slight crop from RHS for comp

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

Joseph Przybyla
07-03-2015, 08:22 AM
Nice when one gets a chance to photograph an unusual or endangered bird or animal. Lovely portrait, Andreas. Thank you for sharing.

Gerald Kelberg
07-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Hey Andreas,

That is a very nice portrait - I really like the wide-open bill and all the detail you have retained in the fine plumage.

The bright colour of the bill looks awesome against the deep blue background.

Not sure that I wouldn't have given it a bit more room, particularly in front, but that is more a personal taste thing.

Best wishes, Gerald

Jonathan Ashton
07-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Lovely shot Andeas great details and colours, I like it but I too would suggest a slightly looser crop.

Sidharth Kodikal
07-03-2015, 11:43 AM
Killer light and pose. I too had the same reaction as the others on the comp. I'd take a sliver off the right and add some to the left (and possibly top). Lovely image.

Andreas Liedmann
07-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Thanks so much folks for your comments , agree with you regarding the crop , so i added some canvas ......

gail bisson
07-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Wow! This is wonderful Andreas.
I love the light, the IQ, the detail in the whites and the open bill.
I like the OP but agree that this image sings even more with the looser crop.
Well doen and no nits from me!
gail

Steve Kaluski
07-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Hi Andreas, these are awesome birds, you just have to keep out of their way went landing as they will hit you if you are in their flight path, great to see these subjects.

The open jaw is nice and although the light looks a little harsh, you have nailed the detail, just not sold on the cyan blue background. I might have just tweaked that, but your call.

TFS
Steve