PDA

View Full Version : Theme Willet

Mike Poole
07-02-2015, 11:24 AM

An overcast morning so I decided to try some high key shots of white(ish) birds, so I think I'm right this time saying this is a willet

Canon 5d3
500mm f4is
ISO 1600
!/1000th f4

Randy Stout
07-02-2015, 12:16 PM
MIke:

Works very well as high key image. Nicely exposed, with just enough detail in background to give some sense of depth. Excellent low shooting angle.

Seems almost ethereal. I like the way the feet hide behind the little wave.

Cheers

Randy

Bill Dix
07-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Nice incoming pose, low angle. Dreamy feeling from the overcast lighting. Yes, it looks like a Willet to me.

Joseph Przybyla
07-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Lovely image, Mike. Don't you wish you lived here... Ft. Desoto is such a treasure for shorebird photography. Thank you for sharing.

Rachel Hollander
07-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Hi Mike - I really like this and agree it has a dreamlike feel to it. I do find myself wishing for a little more room below but that may just be me since no one else mentioned it. Btw this month's theme in Wildlife is right in your wheelhouse.

TFS,
Rachel

Mike Poole
07-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Thanks Rachel, your thoughts are appreciated. For the wildlife theme I used all my favourites before the theme was announced !

Mike

Hi Mike - I really like this and agree it has a dreamlike feel to it. I do find myself wishing for a little more room below but that may just be me since no one else mentioned it. Btw this month's theme in Wildlife is right in your wheelhouse.

TFS,
Rachel

gary ellwein
07-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Mike, I like the way you used the environmental conditions and depth of field. The bird appears to be emerging from a cloud of mist.

Mike Poole
07-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Lovely image, Mike. Don't you wish you lived here... Ft. Desoto is such a treasure for shorebird photography. Thank you for sharing.
You have no idea! Wonderful place but I loved the whole area, I could move there with very little argument! Thanks for stopping by

Mike

keith mitchell
07-03-2015, 03:12 AM
I would live there anytime, looking at your images Mike makes think about my time over there, perhaps next year. Agree with the above a real dreamy image which I like a lot.

Keith.

Jonathan Ashton
07-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Lovely atmospheric shot Mike - well done.... I am thinking maybe I'll have to pop over to this place sometime!