PDA

View Full Version : Dead Horse Photographer

Don Lacy
07-01-2015, 05:18 PM
My friend and returning BPN member Don Hamilton Jr was in my way I thought about pushing him out of the way but decided to make him part of the image :S3:
This is a two image blend using luminosity mask, i cleaned up the worst of the lens flair with some so so cloning and pushed the warm tones a bit but since this is more of a fun image I took some liberties.

Canon 6D, 16-35 f/4IS at 16mm, Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered, ISO 400

Don Railton
07-01-2015, 06:55 PM
Hi Don,

Nice to see a 'behind the scenes' image.. Beautiful country you guys get to play in... Yep, see the flares you had a crack at and here is a few dust bunnies on the LHS near the skyline also but hey, its just a fun image so...

DON

Andrew McLachlan
07-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Killer sunburst here Don...I do see a little repetitiveness in the "so so cloning"...overall a lovely fun image!

Morkel Erasmus
07-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Nice one Don, good to see "other Don" in person.
You do know you can eliminate lens flare by simply taking another "bright enough for foreground" exposure and holding your thumb in front of the lens so as to block the sun from view, and then blend that exposure in later, painting OUT the thumb/hand that's visible. See here: http://www.capturearth.com/blog/view/giving-the-sun-the-finger