PDA

View Full Version : Green River Overlook pano

Don Lacy
06-30-2015, 12:39 PM
Here is a Pano from the overlook in Canyonlands. I am wondering if the red of the buttes is overpowering your thoughts as always are appreciated.

Canon 6D, 70-200 at 70, Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered, 7 image pano single exposure

Karen Pleasant
06-30-2015, 12:45 PM
What a dramatic image! Love the composition which pulls the eye toward the horizon. The slivers of water help continue to gaze toward the buttes. Wonderful light really makes the image glow. Only the buttes on the right side might be a little strong. You might see if you can pull just a little more detail out of them. Otherwise, I like it the way it is.

Excellent job and an image to be proud of. Thanks for sharing.

Don Hamilton Jr.
06-30-2015, 07:04 PM
Awesome!!! Love it!!!

Don Railton
06-30-2015, 11:14 PM
Hi Don

What a beautifully constructed image..! and an amazing view. Is that snow on the rim???
Like Karen (and you I think) I too find the RHS side buttes a little strong/dominant and stealing the eye. For me the LHS butte is about perfect. I also think the sky needs a bit of propping up, looks like its been forgotten...

DON

peter delaney
07-01-2015, 03:52 AM
Hi Don
Wonderful Image, I love Pano ...I don't believe the it is the Buttes are overpowering, IMO I think it is the contrast between the FG and BKG, As there is big shadow area then a small bright Backdrop....
I would try and soften the FG by dodging the light areas on rim of canyon so it gently leads your eye to the beautiful Backdrop....
Hope this makes sense

Peter

Don Lacy
07-01-2015, 05:48 AM
Hi Don
Wonderful Image, I love Pano ...I don't believe the it is the Buttes are overpowering, IMO I think it is the contrast between the FG and BKG, As there is big shadow area then a small bright Backdrop....
I would try and soften the FG by dodging the light areas on rim of canyon so it gently leads your eye to the beautiful Backdrop....
Hope this makes sense

Peter
thanks Peter I already dodge them will give them a few more passes

Diane Miller
07-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Lovely, classic view in great light. The buttes on the right are not overpowering to me in color, but are too flat tonally. I'd bet there is detail to be found there. I wouldn't touch the FG but would add contrast to the BG and sky.

Andrew McLachlan
07-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Hi Don, the butte just left of center is perfect...not sure if you can pull the same details out of the buttes on the right...I think a little softening of the foreground and toning down the reds in the buttes on the right may be the best approach

dankearl
07-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Very nice, Don, maybe just a tad more contrast to the top.....

Morkel Erasmus
07-05-2015, 09:43 AM
Hi Don - lovely pano and light.
I agree with Peter D, but I also feel the reds/yellows on the buttes are clipping (there are areas where detail is lost due to oversaturation/overexposure).

Don Lacy
07-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Thanks everyone for your comments just double checked the raw files and the cliffs tonal values never get above 200 there just not a lot of detail in them.