PDA

View Full Version : Narrows #2

Don Railton
06-30-2015, 08:01 AM
Hi Guys, another from my session under the bridge... Not sure how this one will be received, its a bit of an experiment. I do plan to reshoot this again using different settings. I had to crank up the ISO in this because the foot on the camera was loose and I couldn't shoot in portrait mode on a tripod without the camera saging. So I pushed the ISO and handheld... there is now an Allen key (wrench) in my camera bag:e3

1D4 & 70 to 200 F2.8 at 70mm
1/125 sec at F8, ISO 2000, hand held.

This is pretty close to full frame.

DON

Diane Miller
06-30-2015, 11:58 AM
I love it!! Classic perspective and the tonalities are just excellent! A hint of simple detail in the darks and lovely, silvery lights.

Don Lacy
06-30-2015, 12:19 PM
Works for me great b?W conversion and use of lines and tones

Don Railton
06-30-2015, 06:53 PM
Thanks guys.. i think it needs a head thats visable with maybe a scarf blowing in the wind but its getting a bit contrived then..

DON

peter delaney
07-01-2015, 03:59 AM
Great image Don,
Love the B&W conversion, my only suggestion would be to dodge/lighten the structure under neat the bridge, as at the moment you can see a hint of it which pulls the eye...so rather lighten it so it adds to composition or the option is to darken so it can't be seen....

Peter

Don Railton
07-01-2015, 05:01 AM
Thanks for your comments Peter.

In my reshoot I planned to lift the exposure a little more than this post to create a fan effect from the various lines in the structure under the bridge... I cannot do it with this image simply because the noise is just too much. I could darken it easily, opted not to because of the large amount of what I perceive as negative space, but interesting to hear you prefer that option over the posted......Do love your work.

regards

DON

Andrew McLachlan
07-03-2015, 09:28 AM
Beautiful Don...Peter makes a good suggestion to lighten the shadowed areas slightly.

dankearl
07-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Cool image, Don and just the right exposure. I agree with Peter to lighten the bottom....
Nice work.

Morkel Erasmus
07-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Great work Don - very effective!
I agree with Peter, either lighten more of the under-structure or burn it out entirely?

Don Railton
07-05-2015, 06:45 PM
Thanks Dan, Morkel & Andrew for your comments.. I will darken this one and reshoot another with slightly more hint of under bridge detail with less noise ...

DON