PDA

View Full Version : Theme Snowy Egret

Joseph Przybyla
06-29-2015, 07:12 AM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm (600mm FFE)
1/1000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering 0 EV ISO 400 AWB
Post processed in Lightroom 6 and Photoshop Elements 10
Cropped for composition

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-29-2015, 07:16 AM
THis may be worth carefully selecting the bird and blurring the BG. While I doubt you were cloning or patching it, it has that kind of a look with those leaves being just that close to make it appear so.
Lovely exposure and the light is really good for whites here.

Thanks for sharing Joe.

Joseph Przybyla
06-29-2015, 07:35 AM
THis may be worth carefully selecting the bird and blurring the BG. While I doubt you were cloning or patching it, it has that kind of a look with those leaves being just that close to make it appear so.
Lovely exposure and the light is really good for whites here.

Thanks for sharing Joe.

Thanks for viewing and commenting, Akos. Your right, no cloning of patching but at that distance that makes the background look like an impressionist painting. Here is a quick edit smoothing and blurring the background.

gail bisson
06-29-2015, 04:34 PM
The repost really works.
Love the pop of yellow in the bg.
Whites look good and I like the feet that are nicely visible once my eye finds them.
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
06-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Neat perch you got here, and the soft backlighting actually worked well here. The repost is better, still a few harder edges to blend in. There are a couple of floating branched bottom left (among the yellow flowers).

Marina Scarr
06-30-2015, 07:15 AM
I am really liking the perch here and how it extends the length of the canvas. The blurred BG works well. I believe the whites in this bird are a tad muddy.