PDA

View Full Version : Run Reddish Run!

Mike Poole
06-28-2015, 03:47 PM

A hunting Reddish Egret running around the lagoon off North Beach at Ft Desoto. I had to add a little extra to the top of the frame, as the original was at a skew-whiff angle and when straightened it cropped out.

Canon 5d3
500mm f4is
ISO 400
1/2000th f5.6

thanks for looking

Mike

William Dickson
06-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Lovely details and colours Mike. The motion blur on the wings adds to the image. Fab pose and POV. I know you had to add canvas, but I feel its just a wee bit too tight in the frame. Nice work

Will

Arthur Morris
06-28-2015, 04:35 PM
Loved the raised foot. But yes, too tight with a pancake wing pose and the bird looking slightly away from us. Sharp. Why would it have helped also if Mike had gotten a bit higher? a

Lyle Gruby
06-28-2015, 05:07 PM
Love the dynamic pose and light. I also like the wing position. Great setting with the complimentary BG colors. I agree it's a bit tight. I'd especially like a little more room on the RHS.

As to Arties question: shooting from slightly higher would have eliminated the convergence of the bird's head and the bank in the BG.

Daniel Cadieux
06-28-2015, 07:49 PM
I love the action and the vivid colours. Good details. Ditto Artie's critique.

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-29-2015, 06:42 AM
A little tight at the rear for me.
Otherwise I like it lots. I must agree the wing position is not really perfect I suppose.
Fast action and you still pulled off a respectable image.
TFS!

Mike Poole
07-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Loved the raised foot. But yes, too tight with a pancake wing pose and the bird looking slightly away from us. Sharp. Why would it have helped also if Mike had gotten a bit higher? a

Thanks Artie, I would agree on the point that if I'd been a tad higher then I could have avoided the intersection as mentioned above. It was my first time at Desoto, and I was firing like crazy! Wonderful place!

I'm looking at ways to get back and utilise the lessons from last time to push the quality up a notch or 2.

Enjoy our English hospitality whilst out with the puffins et al

regards

Mike