PDA

View Full Version : the narrows..

Don Railton
06-28-2015, 08:56 AM
Something a little different for me.. Under the main bridge into Perth approaching from the south... I was taken with the geometry..
I intentionally dragged the shutter to smooth out the water..

1D4 & 24 to 70 at 64mm
4 sec at f20, ISO100, on tripod.

Full frame, levels in ACR and then converted to B&W in NIK silver effects.

DON

Morkel Erasmus
06-28-2015, 02:09 PM
A fascinating study in line and tonal contrast here Don...my kind of B&W cityscape for sure.
I do think it will be stronger if you crop some off the RHS, make the top more symmetrical? My eye just wanders to the right...

Don Lacy
06-28-2015, 08:12 PM
Hi Don, Nice use of tones and lines, I think this would really work as square crop with one dominate line in the center with another line on each side something like this

Don Railton
06-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Thanks Don and Morkel for your comments..

I intentionally de-centered the different Pylon, but agree i should not have as Dons symmetrical Crop looks better to me. I have another image in mind that I want to redo so I might revisit this site and redo this. At the time my footplate was loose and it would not hold the camera in portrait format, (it just sagged), as i wanted to shoot this in portrait to eliminate the 'dross' either side of the bridge in the opposite shore. I also wanted a lone body walking by opposite side...

DON

Andrew McLachlan
07-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Nicely done Don...do agree on the OP being more symmetrical as it is in Don Lacy's repost.