PDA

View Full Version : Metadata export in LR

Bonnie Block
06-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Maybe someone has a quick answer for me on this...for some reason when I convert a RAW file in Lightroom it does not import the exposure bias along with the other exif info. It used to! There must be a setting change--but I can't find it yet. Not sure why this is not showing up anymore. All images are showing a 0 bias--and that is just not the case.

Update--well since I cannot delete this thread, I'll update it to say that the problem seems to be coming from the MKIII (maybe a bug in the new firmware?), as DPP does not show anything but 0 ec either--so it is not those programs it is the camera. So now what? ;):)

OK! I figured it out LOL the exp. bias does not show up when you shoot in manual. Why is that?

Robert Amoruso
06-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Hi Bonnie,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this but seems you figured it out. By Bias I assume you mean exposure compensation. If that is the case you have correctly assumed that in manual, no exposure compensation is recorded as it is not applicable to the manual mode as you are setting the exposure.

Of course, any deviation from the camera's suggested exposure is exposure compensation that you introduce, the difference being it is not recorded.

With Nikon you have to be careful in manual because exposure compensation still works.

Bonnie Block
06-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Hi Robert, Thank you for replying. I did not realize this about the manual mode. I am just now starting to shoot in manual most of the time--and I guess I did not notice it until now! LOL!