PDA

View Full Version : Five spot burnet moth

Jonathan Ashton
06-26-2015, 05:11 PM
Light tent, twin flash, tripod Canon 1DX Canon 180mm macro ISO 100 1/60 sec f16.
This was a disaster! I had the pupa in the house for a couple of days waiting for it to emerge, then I got news that the barn owl was about so I went out early morning to photograph it, yes you guessed the moth emerged whilst I was out. Well this is the moth, hope you like it. I also did some stacked images. This particular one is just a straight forward image no stacking.
The light tent was incredibly cheap I got it and it came with different coloured backgrounds( though non natural coloured) two lights and a useless tripod, but it folds up very neatly and is very convenient, if anyone wants the details I can provide them. It is possible to get the tent alone but it was so cheap I got the lot for £24 including postage
All C&C welcome

Diane Miller
06-26-2015, 09:21 PM
The color looks great to me, as does the moth. The lighting looks wonderful. I have the same karma with timing.

Ron Conlon
06-27-2015, 05:31 PM
Wonderful fresh moth, and everything else comes together. Perhaps not what you wanted, but wonderful all the same.