PDA

View Full Version : keel-billed tyoucan

stuart wanuck
06-23-2015, 05:13 PM
nikon d 810
500 mm

Don Lacy
06-23-2015, 06:50 PM
Hi Stuart, I really like the perch but I do wish you had a better HA so I could connect more with the subject. I also feel the comp is a little crowded with the subject to close to the frame if you have more room I would consider giving a little more space

gail bisson
06-23-2015, 08:44 PM
Great subject and colors but you need more room on the RHS.
I also wish for a better HA.
I like the effect of the palm leaves in the BG.
Gail

Don Hamilton Jr.
06-23-2015, 08:57 PM
Stu, great looking bird, perch, along with the OOF palm leave bkg, which adds great character... Perhaps, not as tight on the right , and certainly the HA angle is downgrading this image ...patience pays amigo... to wait that eye out!! :2eyes2:
Regards
Don

Ian Wilson
06-23-2015, 09:21 PM
Technically fine and I like the oof palm leaf texture in the background. Good advice regarding composition etc from other members. Regards, Ian.

Marina Scarr
06-24-2015, 08:08 AM
Great subject, perch and back drop. The head turn isn't working for me but it also appears the bird head and chest don't appear as sharp as I'd expect.

Gabriela Plesea
06-25-2015, 02:28 PM
What a colourful and amazing bird to photograph, Stuart!

Perch and BG very attractive, I wish the subject was looking more towards you though.

Your exif data is very brief - kindly provide ISO value and aperture, as well as SS, should you wish for more detailed feedback from the members:)

Have you considered a tad more sharpening to the head and chest of the bird?

Would like to see more on this Toucan, if you have - enjoyed viewing, TFS!

Kind regards,