PDA

View Full Version : Angel in the swamp

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-23-2015, 07:32 AM
Another image from Sunday morning during the few minutes of awesome morning light. Hope you like this frame.

Canon EOS 1DMkIII
70-200/2.8L IS USM + 1.4x set at 270mm
Manual mode
ISO 1600, f/5.6, 1/1600th
Tripod, full Wimberley, hide and fish used to attract raptor
Slight NR on BG and just about full frame.

Thank you for looking and for your feedback on my previous sea eagle image.

Karl Egressy
06-23-2015, 07:36 AM
Great action shot in amazing light, Akos. I really like the light, pose and the background.

Marina Scarr
06-23-2015, 08:02 AM
Killer environment, light and behavior. Love seeing the skeleton. Wish for a tad more eye contact.

Bill Dix
06-23-2015, 08:03 AM
Awesome light indeed, highlighting the wings and prey beautifully. Nice sense of environment. If I had to nitpick I'd prefer the bird moved just a tad further to the left, but love it just as is.

dankearl
06-23-2015, 08:27 AM
A look up would have put this love the top....
Lovely artistic photo.......

Steve Kaluski
06-23-2015, 08:49 AM
Hi Akos, killer light, gorgeous and fantastic detail/clarity in the subject especially as it was shot with the MKIII, goes to show what a great body this is. How did you manage to get so close?

TFS
Steve

Stu Bowie
06-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Hi Akos, exquisite light, and love the overall colours due to that sweetb light. Great display of the wings, and I like how the eagle is looking down the perch. Comp wise, Im fine with the central placement, as the outspread wings balances the comp with space on both sides.

gail bisson
06-23-2015, 10:05 AM
Love the light and the reds in the image. Nice to see the environment with the OOF trees.
Would like a bit more eye contact but still a wonderful frame.
Well done!
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
06-23-2015, 11:16 AM
Fantastic habitat and delicious light!! The is pretty neat and commits itself nicely to a central composition.

Rachel Hollander
06-23-2015, 11:22 AM
Hi Akos - another fantastic frame from your outing. Love the light, wing position and detail.

TFS,
Rachel

Juan Carlos Vindas
06-23-2015, 12:00 PM
Great stuff Pito!
Light is what cough my eye in the first place, then the nice raised wings. I also wish for a bit more eye contact and if you twist my arm for more room on top as the wing is too close to the roof.

keith mitchell
06-23-2015, 01:01 PM
Like everything about this Akos,beautiful red glow and the bird looks superb, sure wish I had one like it.

Keith.

Richard Flack
06-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Wow Akos, awesome light, pose and killer BG. Well done!

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Thanks heaps for the feedback. Yes, I wish I could get eye contact. I did that when the bird was not repositioning itself (hence the wing flapping) by coughing in my hide. Phishing just did not make this bugger look my way. But a loud cough raised its suspicion and made eye contact then. Within moments the bird settled down again to feed on the frame.

How did you manage to get so close?

I set a portable hide Steve. :S3: The perch in this instance was about 18 meters from it.

Sidharth Kodikal
06-23-2015, 04:19 PM
The overall content is so rich here that the lack of eye contact doesn't bug me one bit. Amazing light and IQ. The pose is just as nice and I love the mixed BG. Lucky you to have access to this location and congrats on making the most of it.

Robert Kimbrell
06-23-2015, 05:11 PM
Amazing light you captured here. The whole environment is just gorgeous. A top shot, but do wish for a little more eye contact.

Jim Crosswell
06-24-2015, 08:44 AM
I like the composition, colors, setting and sweet light. I don't mind the lack of eye contact either. Great image Akos!

Jonathan Ashton
06-24-2015, 04:16 PM
A very impressive shot, I like everything especially the light and the overall image quality - well done.

Gabriela Plesea
06-25-2015, 02:53 PM
You nailed this one, Mate! Very impressive, and the BG looks like it has been painted - the light is just awesome!

Interested about your portable hide, since we also have one...We must chat sometimes - we are planning to put our hide on wheels so we can easily move it, even drive with it, LOL.

Beautiful colours and such an interesting behavioural shot, lovely detail, superb IQ - congrats Akos!

Kind regards,

Satish Ranadive
06-26-2015, 11:41 PM
Every thing has ben said about this 'Gorgeous" image.
Love the frame with beautiful 3D effect.

Regards,
Satish.